Impressions after a week of games

wildcard

1.  Its going to be hard to keep a guy with a high OBP out of the lineup.   Vavra can not only  play  2B/LF/3B/ and maybe 1B, he  may be one of the O's best DHs after  Adley.

2. The rotation may be Gibson, Irvin, Kremer, Bradish and GRod.  But in terms of ability its probably GRod, Bradish, Kremer, Gibson and Irvin.   And we haven't even seen  Wells, who starts today.

3. Kjerstad looks like a guy that could spend two months at AA, two months at AAA and be ready for the majors in August.  After the trade deadline.

4. Maverick can catch and throw....and maybe even hit.   Half a season at AAA and he may be pushing McCann.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It’s only been a week, and none of the hitters have more than 11 at bats, so nothing means very much yet.  I was happy to see the starting pitchers all get off to reasonably decent starts, especially GRod.  The bullpen has been very spotty so far.   Feels like most of the offense has come from players who either won’t make the team or are vying for the 26th spot.   I have been impressed with Kjerstad but was annoyed when he struck out last night in the 9th with a runner on 3rd and only one out, after Cowser did the same thing an inning or two before.   Cowser in particular is striking out too often.  Holliday has looked very comfortable.  Handley is making a good impression.  

Looking forward to going to games on Thursday, Friday and Sunday this upcoming week.   

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s only been a week, and none of the hitters have more than 11 at bats, so nothing means very much yet.  I was happy to see the starting pitchers all get off to reasonably decent starts, especially GRod.  The bullpen has been very spotty so far.   Feels like most of the offense has come from players who either won’t make the team or are vying for the 26th spot.   I have been impressed with Kjerstad but was annoyed when he struck out last night in the 9th with a runner on 3rd and only one out, after Cowser did the same thing an inning or two before.   Cowser in particular is striking out too often.  Holliday has looked very comfortable.  Handley is making a good impression.  

Looking forward to going to games on Thursday, Friday and Sunday this upcoming week.   

If you are annoyed by one at bat from players that are not projected to make the team you are expecting too much.   JMO.   Chill and enjoy your trip.  I look forward to your observation while you are there.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If you are annoyed by one at bat from players that are not projected to make the team you are expecting too much.   JMO.   Chill and enjoy your trip.  I look forward to your observation while you are there.

Striking out with a runner on third and less than two out is just something I hate.   In my brain, I know it’s going to happen a certain percentage of the time.  (19% of the time in MLB last year.)  But when I’m watching or listening (as I was last night), it just bugs the crap out of me.   

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

11 spring at bats means about as much as that beautiful woman in the mall food court looking your direction and smiling because you're standing in front of the Cinnabon and she didn't have breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3