Ramon Urias 2023

Just Regular

5 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

It's interesting, he's quickly closing in on his much more heralded brother's career WAR (Luis is at 7.1 rWAR as of today, while  Ramon is at 6.3 rWAR). That's despite Ramon only having 59% of the plate appearances.

Why was (and in many ways still is) his brother so much more highly regarded as a prospect / player?

I'd say because his brother was projected to have a lot more power (which is also the case in reality).

Ramon is looking to be the better overall player, though, due to his defensive ability at multiple positions, and a marginally better hit tool. 

Ramon pulled up gimpy on his base hit in the 9th just as he got to 1st.

Even if he's not hurt enough for the length of a DL stay, we could bring up an extra infielder and ditch Torrens if Ramon might have to miss a few games.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Ramon pulled up gimpy on his base hit in the 9th just as he got to 1st.

Even if he's not hurt enough for the length of a DL stay, we could bring up an extra infielder and ditch Torrens if Ramon might have to miss a few games.

I imagine it would be Ortiz again. 

I'm going to be a broken record saying this until it happens, but man would I love to phase out Frazier as soon as possible so that Ortiz and Westburg can get regular playing time.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tough break for Urias. I bet we send Torrens down for Ortiz until we make a IL decision on Urias. Maybe Westburg eventually. 

The easy move is Urias to the IL and bring up Ortiz.

They could really use a spark, and I would like to see them DFA Torrens and add Westburg. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The easy move is Urias to the IL and bring up Ortiz.

They could really use a spark, and I would like to see them DFA Torrens and add Westburg. 

I can’t think Torrens will be on the major league roster very long. I still don’t get the reasoning why he was added as a third catcher. 

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I can’t think Torrens will be on the major league roster very long. I still don’t get the reasoning why he was added as a third catcher. 

I noticed the decision was made on the exact same day that Anthony Santader's back swing hit Savlador Perez in the wrist and knocked him out of the game. I think they saw that and realizing how they always use a catcher as a DH and refuse to give Adley a day of complete rest, they got scared they would lose the DH one day. The Royals were OK because they had 3 catchers on their roster that day. I think that influenced the powers that be on the Orioles. 

Seemed like an odd situation for Ramon to strain a hammy.  He hit a solid single into LF and didn’t need to bust it down the 1B line, nor did he appear to be doing so when he suddenly started hobbling.   Seemed to come out of nowhere really.