Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

As president of the Adley MVP campaign, he’s the reason we lost today. He stranded a small army today and hit into two double plays. Almost three. 

We all gush over Adley, rightfully so, but today was on him. And we that’s what a real MVP should say in the locker room. And I’m sure he will. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s time to acknowledge that he’s getting the Bonds treatment. 

What the version when he was with the Pirates?

Bonds had 43 IBB at age 42 while only playing in 126 games.

Even forgoing the insane madness that was 2004 season Bonds had nine seasons with 30 or more IBB.

I don't think Adley is going to get 30 IBB.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:39 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

As president of the Adley MVP campaign, he’s the reason we lost today. He stranded a small army today and hit into two double plays. Almost three. 

We all gush over Adley, rightfully so, but today was on him. And we that’s what a real MVP should say in the locker room. And I’m sure he will. 

He hit the ball hard nearly every time.  Baseball is a game of inches and they even out over the long haul. The double [lay was a line smash.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:39 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Blasphemy!

I'm not sure if Adley and Julio Rodriguez are going to be linked throughout their careers, however in our minds they might be.  I think Adley was the better player last year, he just wasn't up long enough to accumulate enough stats to wrestle the ROY award away from J-Rod.  

And I know J-Rod scuffled to start last year, and he looks like he's scuffling again this year to start, too.  .239/.299/.423.  .721 OPS, 103 OPS+

He will always have an edge over Adley in the age department but I'm curious to see how these two are compared throughout their careers, especially including their peaks.  

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure if Adley and Julio Rodriguez are going to be linked throughout their careers, however in our minds they might be.  I think Adley was the better player last year, he just wasn't up long enough to accumulate enough stats to wrestle the ROY award away from J-Rod.  

And I know J-Rod scuffled to start last year, and he looks like he's scuffling again this year to start, too.  .239/.299/.423.  .721 OPS, 103 OPS+

He will always have an edge over Adley in the age department but I'm curious to see how these two are compared throughout their careers, especially including their peaks.  

I think the All Star game and Julio's insane performance in the Home Run Derby is what won him rookie of the year. It was in that moment, that the world was introduced to whom Julio Rodriguez was. Especially going against a future hall of fame hitter like Albert Pujols.

• Upvote 2