Apple TV first half schedule

SteveA

I have Apple TV and I'm excited for it because of the quality of the picture is amazing.  The game broadcast last year was awesome.

But I think it's lame for people that don't have it.  MLB putting their product on several different platforms that are subscription based is obnoxious if you don't have the subscription.  I can see why some people are annoyed.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I have Apple TV and I'm excited for it because of the quality of the picture is amazing.  The game broadcast last year was awesome.

But I think it's lame for people that don't have it.  MLB putting their product on several different platforms that are subscription based is obnoxious if you don't have the subscription.  I can see why some people are annoyed.

MLB used to be on the (relative) vanguard of making their product readily accessible to folks that wanted to pay for it. MLB TV and the streaming app were forward thinking in the day. But these deals with multiple platforms are indeed obnoxious, and they also seem  very five years ago— not five years from now. Early this year there were some rumblings about doing away with blackout restrictions..I think related to one of the mega “regional” sports networks going under. Having a universal streaming service would be innovative.

Edited by Chavez Ravine

11 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

They should have a universal total MLB access option to the regular MLB TV subscription and charge an arm and a leg for it 

They should lower the price. Have an ad campaign saying that they changed the rules on and off the field. Baseball is Back! Family, working folk, America. Not hedge funds, venture capital, or ChatGPT. I am pretty sure the cabal of owners would be pleasantly pleased by the profits.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bump just a reminder game is on apple TV so not on MASN.  Off work tonight so was looking forward to the game. 🙁

Me too. Been looking forward to watching the game tonight but just realized my MLB.TV subscription is worthless. Complete garbage.

• Upvote 1

I had just checked the air quality and all is good to go for tonight unless something radically changes in the next 3 hours... but I'm kind of curious as to what would have happened if this game had been rescheduled later into the weekend. 

Like, was Apple only locked into this game if it occurred at its originally scheduled time... or would we have had an Apple/MASN double header sometime this weekend?  Interesting to think about.

For those who want to watch the game tonight without starting a pay subscription to Apple TV, Best Buy is offering 3 months of AppleTV for free. You'll need to enter credit card info but will not be charged. Don't forget to cancel before the end of the 3-month trial period. Regular price after that is $6.99 a month.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-free-apple-tv-for-3-months-new-or-returning-subscribers-only/6484512.p?skuId=6484512