Food prices at Camden Yards

Going Underground

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Those are last years prices. I know beer is up a $1.00 and no $2 50 soda or $3.00 hot dogs.  

That’s fine but they are still near the bottom. As high as prices seem, it pales in comparison to most teams. It’s always been that way, especially ticket prices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s fine but they are still near the bottom. As high as prices seem, it pales in comparison to most teams. It’s always been that way, especially ticket prices.

Agreed. Parking and ticket prices help the total cost total. That is with the newer high priced first 10 rows of box seats. $200.00 to $ 275.00 for the Yankee series and over $125.00 for Oakland.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last night I decided to have pizza.  Last year I think you got a small pizza in a box , 4 smaller slices, for $10.   Now, it’s a single slice, albeit a larger one, for $9.  Just way too much to pay for that.  

Was it the same kind or different? I would hope with the attendance, lines weren’t an issue. The faster pace I love but not missing action to get food or a drink. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Was it the same kind or different? I would hope with the attendance, lines weren’t an issue. The faster pace I love but not missing action to get food or a drink. 

Might have been a different brand, it’s sold under “1729 pizza.”  I wouldn’t say the quality was significantly different than before.  It’s fine for stadium food.  

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

My kids wanted chicken tenders. I stood in line for 30 min at a stand that basically only sold chicken tenders and they didn’t have any ready for a long time.

There is so much I love about OD and I never want to miss it but in some ways, it’s the worst game of the year to attend.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Might have been a different brand, it’s sold under “1729 pizza.”  I wouldn’t say the quality was significantly different than before.  It’s fine for stadium food.  

You gotta wonder if they charged $5 a slice, would they sell more and make more money or does it all even out charging $9?

I saw last night that they have a 410 menu. Several items at $4.10 a piece.

The one “main food” item that should be cheap in there are the plain hot dogs. $3 at most. 

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

My kids wanted chicken tenders. I stood in line for 30 min at a stand that basically only sold chicken tenders and they didn’t have any ready for a long time.

There is so much I love about OD and I never want to miss it but in some ways, it’s the worst game of the year to attend.

Yep. I didn’t each much at stadium. Ate from vendors outside but it can be a mess. 

My concern is this isn’t an OD only issue. Last couple of years not just quality of food but lines/options/available stands open all went downhill. 

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last night I decided to have pizza.  Last year I think you got a small pizza in a box , 4 smaller slices, for $10.   Now, it’s a single slice, albeit a larger one, for $9.  Just way too much to pay for that.  

But you paid it?

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Yep. I didn’t each much at stadium. Ate from vendors outside but it can be a mess. 

My concern is this isn’t an OD only issue. Last couple of years not just quality of food but lines/options/available stands open all went downhill. 

Cost cutting where they can. Closes UD stands, etc…forces other stands to be even busier.

Hopefully the quality of food will be better with the new vendor.

Edited by Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You gotta wonder if they charged $5 a slice, would they sell more and make more money or does it all even out charging $9?

I saw last night that they have a 410 menu. Several items at $4.10 a piece.

The one “main food” item that should be cheap in there are the plain hot dogs. $3 at most. 

The hilarious thing about the $4.10 stand is they think selling potato chips for $4.10 is a bargain.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3