Food prices at Camden Yards

Going Underground

20 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I believe there are many people that might be able to afford game tickets more often, but the parking and food prices are out of their budget, so they don't go.

I believe that the Orioles have run the numbers and they think that they make more money with higher prices on concessions but fewer people buying them, than lower prices with more people buying. To me that's always seemed short-sighted, but most US sports have trended in that direction on pricing everything for decades.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Look at the Atlanta Falcons concession prices.Owner tries to be 40% lower then other NFLstadiums. So cheap they put their prices on their website,unlike when the Sun asked the Orioles for the concession prices and would not answer.

.Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Food and Beverage
https://www.mbsfb.com/menus/atl-fan-fare

Atlanta United (soccer) plays there, too, and they're known for having just about the only reasonably priced food and drink in MLS. They finished 11th in the eastern conference but easily led the league drawing 47k a game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spakman said:

Orioles ticket prices have got out of control. I went to both opening days in Boston and Baltimore. Boston was a much cheaper ticket. Granted I sat in $250 seats I paid $55 for tonight. $250 a ticket is insane.

Yes,the untold story for box seats. First ten rows for box seats are now $250.00 for certain games and over l$100.00  for the A's series coming up. 

Texas Rangers do concession promotions like $1.00 hot dog Wednesdays and $1.00 Sunday Sunday for the kids .Aldo many ganes gave $4.00 happy hour beers. Many teams do these type of promotions 

Rangers Promotions | Texas Rangers
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/tickets/promotions/list

Edited by Going Underground

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Atlanta United (soccer) plays there, too, and they're known for having just about the only reasonably priced food and drink in MLS. They finished 11th in the eastern conference but easily led the league drawing 47k a game.

Same owner as the Falcons?

Edited by Going Underground

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,the untold story for box seats. First ten rows for box seats are now $250.00 for certain games and over l$100.00  for the A's series coming up. 

Texas Rangers do concession promotions like $1.00 hot dog Wedbwsdays and $1.00 Sunday Sunday for the kids .Aldo many ganes gave $4.00 happy hour beers. Many teams do these type of promotions 

Rangers Promotions | Texas Rangers
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/tickets/promotions/list

Sorry for the A's on Tuesday, Section 50,Row 3,Seat 12 is $150.00. The two teams with the lowest payrolls. Looks like no correlation between payroll and concessions to  ticket prices.  The Orioles used to have that advertisement that the Orioles are one of the fan friendly and one of the cheapest entertainment values in MLB.

48 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think the ticket prices for The Masters kind of make up for whatever damage you’d wanna do at the concession stand. 

It was $100.  Tournament rounds are $140.  Well worth it!  The hard part is winning the lottery to be able to buy them.  Outrageous prices you see online are scalpers.  

5 hours ago, Birds08 said:

The tip options that pop up in this new cashless Camden yards are also absurd. What used to be a 1-2 dollar cash tip seems the Orioles are now expecting us to tip 4, 5, 6 dollars for.  It’s ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Well if you spend $50.00 on four beers should be higher 🤩

It’s why I always bring $1 bills along 

I was going to post a separate thread. I’ll just talk about Opening Day here. Had busy weekend. 

-The food lines OD were brutal. Yes, I get a ton of people but it was a joke. 

-bathroom lines were long but moved fast 

-the discount Birdland members get was not working on OD. How this is possible is just amazing

-I had really good seats on OD,  best ever. The speakers which are bad on other spots in the park are pathetic. I find it hard to believe they can’t take care of this. Let’s MSA reimburse them. It’s weak. 

Side note: I see on Saturdays gates will open 2 hours before games. Apparently no other days.