Eve Rosenbaum interview

Frobby

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, no way he could do better than .544 OPS. lol

There was plenty of PAs available for him without taking someone's job. Did she say why they never gave him any PAs against left-handed pitching after hitting them hard his whole career? What wizardry decides he should never get PAs against lefties but Henderson should?

These guys are hooked up to machines/computers for every single thing they do.  They know exactly how hard/how often they hit every pitch thrown at them from every speed from all conceivable angles.  

Why he didn’t get PAs when available is a very valid question, the ABs were there.

I think it goes back to what she said about being 1. Mentally ready 2. Physically prepared and how they will perform when thrown to the fire.  They want them to have success as soon as possible once they hit the majors.

These guys go throw psych tests as well and the FO has a mental make-up profile for all the players.  Everyone is just a little bit different, can handle failure, can handle success differently.  

Not saying what they are doing is right or wrong, just putting that info out there.  

Edited by emmett16

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, no way he could do better than .544 OPS. lol

There was plenty of PAs available for him without taking someone's job. Did she say why they never gave him any PAs against left-handed pitching after hitting them hard his whole career? What wizardry decides he should never get PAs against lefties but Henderson should?

i listened to the interview and she said, the reason Stowers doesn't get PAs against lefties is that it drives the OH nuts and Odor isn't here....

• Haha 2

I get that the Orioles don't really rate Stower's OF defense that highly, and they don't think he can play LF at Camden Yards

I also get that the Orioles really value positional flexibility (and a guy like Vavra can play more positions if they need him to)

Here's what I don't get, if the Orioles don't think Stowers can play OF other then RF...why aren't they giving him positional flexibility by giving him work at 1b. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, seak05 said:

I get that the Orioles don't really rate Stower's OF defense that highly, and they don't think he can play LF at Camden Yards

I also get that the Orioles really value positional flexibility (and a guy like Vavra can play more positions if they need him to)

Here's what I don't get, if the Orioles don't think Stowers can play OF other then RF...why aren't they giving him positional flexibility by giving him work at 1b. 

I think it's because he can throw a ball 95+ and that skill would be wasted at 1B.  Believe they are grooming him to take over RF duties.  He just has to go through 'Orioles Finishing School' first.  That and find some value in a Santander trade.