The Adam Frazier Hate

Mr-splash

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you can get 90% of the production at 10% of the price which is the better deal?

Probably 90% of the production for 10% of the price. Although there will come time where I would take the increased production. Because at some point the objective will need to be maximize the 26 man roster because I want to make the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs by 1 game and we went with Ortiz instead of Frazier I'd pretty damn pissed off. Like absolutely irate.

2 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Probably 90% of the production for 10% of the price. Although there will come time where I would take the increased production. Because at some point the objective will need to be maximize the 26 man roster because I want to make the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs by 1 game and we went with Ortiz instead of Frazier I'd pretty damn pissed off. Like absolutely irate.

But you also have 8M you could spend somewhere else.  You should be able to leverage that into more than 10% of Frazier's production.

Maybe that gives you the funds needed to add an elite bullpen arm at the deadline?

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

But if we miss because we stick with Frazier instead of playing Ortiz... you're cool with that?

Edited by owknows
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, owknows said:

But if we miss because we stick with Frazier instead of playing Ortiz... you're cool with that?

Put the 5 best infielders in the organization out there. 4 starters and 1 utility. If you don't roll with your 5 best then you have nobody to complain to when you miss the playoffs. Put your best men out there and let the cards fall where they may.

28 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Adam Frazier is what Ortiz and Norby hope to become in the big leagues. A plus defensive middle infielder with the ability to occasionally put one over the wall. That's Adam Frazier in a nutshell. We don't know if Ortiz and Norby can do that at this level. Why play somebody who might become Adam Frazier when we already have the real thing?

I sure hope they become better than that

1 minute ago, Mr-splash said:

Put the 5 best infielders in the organization out there. 4 starters and 1 utility. If you don't roll with your 5 best then you have nobody to complain to when you miss the playoffs. Put your best men out there and let the cards fall where they may.

Objectively... Frazier is not among them.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t like the Frazier signing.  I was looking forward to Westburg or Ortiz getting the job or at least being in a rotation with the other 3 infielders.  I did defend it as not being a total brain fart by Elias.   And two months in, that’s still my opinion.   Frazier has done enough to where he hasn’t been terrible and has been a contributor.   Ortiz and Westburg have solidified their prospect status while Norby has struggled a bit.   Did we know 100% that Ortiz or Westburg wouldn’t be the ones struggling?

I disagree with ohknows that this forces Elias into trading prospects anymore than if we had never signed Frazier.  He’s here for one year.   This doesn’t force us to do anything regarding the prospects but perhaps it did and will give them more time to evaluate who should stay and who should go.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Adam Frazier is what Ortiz and Norby hope to become in the big leagues. A plus defensive middle infielder with the ability to occasionally put one over the wall. That's Adam Frazier in a nutshell. We don't know if Ortiz and Norby can do that at this level. Why play somebody who might become Adam Frazier when we already have the real thing?

Lol…do you believe what you are saying or do you just rattle off thoughts?

First of all, Norby has way more power than either of those guys and he doesn’t play good defense, so he just shouldn’t even be mentioned here.

Secondly, while Frazier has 5 homers this year, he will never be thought of as a defensive guy who hits occasional homers. That isn’t what they got him for and it’s not how anyone would characterize him.

This entire thread (one that didn’t need to be started btw, since we have so many Frazier threads) is just a bunch of cliches that don’t have much evidence or validity backing them up.

39 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I didn’t like the Frazier signing.  I was looking forward to Westburg or Ortiz getting the job or at least being in a rotation with the other 3 infielders.  I did defend it as not being a total brain fart by Elias.   And two months in, that’s still my opinion.   Frazier has done enough to where he hasn’t been terrible and has been a contributor.   Ortiz and Westburg have solidified their prospect status while Norby has struggled a bit.   Did we know 100% that Ortiz or Westburg wouldn’t be the ones struggling?

I disagree with ohknows that this forces Elias into trading prospects anymore than if we had never signed Frazier.  He’s here for one year.   This doesn’t force us to do anything regarding the prospects but perhaps it did and will give them more time to evaluate who should stay and who should go.

To be clear... I stated that we already needed to trade middle infielders.

And that the acquisition of Frazier makes this situation worse.

Particularly because it will necessitate trade activity in the absence of full understanding of what we have in a particular player... because we can't get them MLB playing time.