Saturday Afternoon May 20: Orioles at Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I have been to exactly one MLB game in Toronto. On FRiday night, October 29, 1989, in what was then the brand-new SkyDome, I was among the 49,636 on hand for the opener of the three-game series between the Jays and the young "Why Not"  Orioles that would decide the NL East winner. Usually when I watch an Oriole game at the Rogers Centre, I can't help thinking once or twice about Gregg Olson's eighth-inning wild pitch that wiped out the Orioles' 1-0 lead. The BJs won in 11 innings.

Listening to Olson call this game is a little weird for me. I tuned in late -- second inning. Was there any discussion about the '89 season-ending series before then? If so, I'm glad I missed it.

I've always blamed Jamie Quirk as much as Olson.

Just now, tntoriole said:

What happened on that play?  Belt was on third, Chapman on second.. Gameday totally screwed the call 

It was Belt's bag and both he and Chapman were standing on it. Adley tagged Chapman and they initially sent Belt to the dugout.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malike said:

It was Belt's bag and both he and Chapman were standing on it. Adley tagged Chapman and they initially sent Belt to the dugout.

Danny Jansen reaches on a fielder's choice out, pitcher Grayson Rodriguez to third baseman Gunnar Henderson to catcher Adley Rutschman. Matt Chapman out at 3rd. Danny Jansen to 2nd. 

2 outs

Just now, tntoriole said:

Danny Jansen reaches on a fielder's choice out, pitcher Grayson Rodriguez to third baseman Gunnar Henderson to catcher Adley Rutschman. Matt Chapman out at 3rd. Danny Jansen to 2nd. 

2 outs

Belt got hung up in a rundown to the plate, Adley chased him back to third and Chapman was also standing on third.

• Upvote 1