Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I know some O’s fans have become conditioned to be obsessed with prospects (not saying that you are). But isn’t the object to obtain good players regardless of where they come from?

I would like Baltimore to spend that kind of money to get at least ONE player. That's what I meant. 

Just now, seak05 said:

Garceau doesn't check off any boxes and yet he's called plenty of games. You can say you don't like someone without insinuating that they're just there for "diversity". It also ignores the many excellent female pbp announcers out there that the Orioles could have also hired. Newman wasn't the only option available. They chose her

Do you think Newman was hired because she's one of the best "let's say 60 play by play announcers?" 

I could care less that she's a woman. In fact, I think she's very good at the post game stuff and I've heard her on the pre-game radio show and when she prepares herself, she does very well.

As for Garceau, he's a Baltimore legend. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm ok with big words so one of you folks can give it a shot.

I was marinating some Carne Asada and missed the play, I have no clue. It sounded like from the thread that maybe Mateo got doubled off of 2nd on an OF assist, I dunno.

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

She makes me second guess what I'm seeing with my own eyes because the calls are so delayed or just outright wrong.

I don't mind her on the MASN crew, but yeah, they have to have someone else do play-by-play.

Her way of calling every play is to just say the name of the batter or the fielder making the play on the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha, Palmer did step in didn't he?

Not sure why the Orioles can't have major league level backup PBP broadcasters. 

They should go get the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimps announcer. He's fantastic. 

But he doesn't check off a box so he won't work for the Orioles.

Who else is checking off a box?  Kevin Brown, Geoff Arnold, Jim Palmer, Ben McDonald, what am I missing?