Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Do you think Newman was hired because she's one of the best "let's say 60 play by play announcers?" 

I could care less that she's a woman. In fact, I think she's very good at the post game stuff and I've heard her on the pre-game radio show and when she prepares herself, she does very well.

As for Garceau, he's a Baltimore legend. 

Then why did you say you can't call games for the Orioles unless you "check a box?" 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Do you think Newman was hired because she's one of the best "let's say 60 play by play announcers?" 

I could care less that she's a woman. In fact, I think she's very good at the post game stuff and I've heard her on the pre-game radio show and when she prepares herself, she does very well.

Garceau is a Baltimore legend, but he’s just as bad if not worse than Melanie. I wa surprised he is still doing games after they saw how bad he was last year.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm ok with big words so one of you folks can give it a shot.

Mateo took off for third. ADLEY hit a fly ball to left. It looked like Mateo stopped near third to see if the ball would drop when it very clearly had no chance of dropping. Left fielder caught it and tossed it into second to double him up. 

Edited by Mooreisbetter27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

She was hired to do pre and post and they are giving her a shot at some play-by-play. Not that abnormal.  I agree she isn’t very good though. 

5 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Os fans have a particular fascination with their shiny Bowie and Norfolk toys. The reality is it's much harder to produce in the MLB than it is in the minors.

Man, thanks for letting everyone know that the majors is harder than the minors. lol

C'mon man, you need a better schtick. You say things all the time that just causes eye rolls because you say things that we all know.

What's your point?  Are you surprised that fans want their top prospects to play, especially when players who play their position is not doing well?

And I hate to tell you, this has nothing to do with just Orioles fans. All fans of teams that follow the entire organization do this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Mateo took off for third. ADLEY hit a fly ball to right. It looked like Mateo stopped near third to see if the ball would drop when it very clearly had no chance of dropping. Left fielder caught it and tossed it into second to double him up. 

Hell of a play, though, by LF catching that ball to right.😉

Edited by FlaO'sFan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brian88 said:

Her way of calling every play is to just say the name of the batter or the fielder making the play on the ball. 

Honestly, I can't blame her. If you're doing play-by-play, your eyes have to know what they're looking at in real time. And hers clearly don't, so she would rather be safe and only say names or wait to be sure rather than screw up.

I'm not sure if Melanie grew up around the game, but for obvious reasons she didn't play it. That puts you at a handicap relative to tons of other options. Not trying to be chauvinistic at all, but I feel that's a genuine consideration.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Man, thanks for letting everyone know that the majors is harder than the minors. lol

C'mon man, you need a better schtick. You say things all the time that just causes eye rolls because you say things that we all know.

What's your point?  Are you surprised that fans want their top prospects to play, especially when players who play their position is not doing well?

And I hate to tell you, this has nothing to do with just Orioles fans. All fans of teams that follow the entire organization do this.

If everybody knew what I was saying was the truth then they wouldn't be saying the opposite of what I say all the time lol

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BraveOriole said:

You have to be a damn idiot not to like Jon Miller and Gary Thorne. The group they have now is not even remotely comparable to those two talents. 

Exactly! If I was Palmer, I would have said: "if you let Thorne go then I'm gone as well."