Tuesday, June 27: Orioles vs Reds, again with some wet weather possible

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta tip the cap to Abbott. He was great and we suck against lefties. I am not sure why anyone is surprised. 

That inning against Sims is a whole different enchilada though. 

My only criticism of the first six innings is that the Orioles started the game with good, patient approaches that looked like they would get Abbott out of the game after 5, but in the last couple of innings they started hacking away. Maybe they thought Abbott had gotten more hittable, but it sure didn't look that way from here.

I guess if you draft starting pitchers early you have a chance to get a good one. On the other hand, I bet we have more good shortstops than the Reds, even without counting Givens.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

My only criticism of the first six innings is that the Orioles started the game with good, patient approaches that looked like they would get Abbott out of the game after 5, but in the last couple of innings they started hacking away. Maybe they thought Abbott had gotten more hittable, but it sure didn't look that way from here.

I guess if you draft starting pitchers early you have a chance to get a good one. On the other hand, I bet we have more good shortstops than the Reds, even without counting Givens.

Agreed. I think they had a shot on getting him out of the game earlier. 

27 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

We re prob not gonna get the rest of this game in, are we?

I was at the game. I got out to my car right before it started pouring down. The drive was crazy at first but the further I got outside of the city the less it was raining. By the time I reached the town where I live, no more rain. I live like 20 miles from the stadium and it doesn’t even look like it rained here. This weather has been crazy!

• Upvote 1