Hays leaves 7/2 game with injury…

Explosivo

16 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Why not immediately move him to the 15 day IL and call up Cowser to make good use of the short right porch at Yankee stadium? Seems like a smart move to me. Though Hays deserves to be an All star, he likely won’t be playing so make the move Elias. Now is the opportunity. You don’t want to go into a divisional series short handed in the outfield.

Well, he’s a position player so it would be the 10 day (pitchers are 15 day).  It makes sense if he can’t play for the next few games given that the 10 day period covers the all-star break.  So, he’d only be out for 7 games - 4 in NY and 3 in Minnesota.  

Bring up Cowser and get the extra left handed bat in Yankee Stadium w/ that short right field porch.

• Upvote 1

Just a point that a lot (but not all) folks in this thread seem to be missing:

The minimum regular IL stay is 10 days for hitters, and 15 days for pitchers.

(That's for normal injuries.   There are other lists:  7 days for concussions, 3 for paternity, 3 for bereavement, etc).

If Hays looks like he will be out for more than a couple days, then Explosivo's idea probably has some merit  The 10 day IL would only encompass 7 games (3 in NY, 3 in Minn) due to the All Star Break.   So if he is going to miss at least 3 of the 7, then putting him on the IL to bring up someone else such as Cowser is probably a good idea.    

Just now, SteveA said:

Just a point that a lot (but not all) folks in this thread seem to be missing:

The minimum regular IL stay is 10 days for hitters, and 15 days for pitchers.

(That's for normal injuries.   There are other lists:  7 days for concussions, 3 for paternity, 3 for bereavement, etc).

If Hays looks like he will be out for more than a couple days, then Explosivo's idea probably has some merit  The 10 day IL would only encompass 7 games (3 in NY, 3 in Minn) due to the All Star Break.   So if he is going to miss at least 3 of the 7, then putting him on the IL to bring up someone else such as Cowser is probably a good idea.    

Hey alright! I might’ve said something of merit!

• Haha 1

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Hays leaves 7/2 game with injury…
2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Looked to me like upper forearm/lower wrist. Jordan said afterwards that nothing was broken but yeah, I don't think you can really tell there. I can't imagine he'd be able to play tomorrow but hopefully it's not serious.

Didn't see Hays.

Need a CAT scan and an MRI

5 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Looked to me like upper forearm/lower wrist. Jordan said afterwards that nothing was broken but yeah, I don't think you can really tell there. I can't imagine he'd be able to play tomorrow but hopefully it's not serious.

Didn't see Hays.

Hays an inning prior basically tackled the 1b on a wild throw from the twins 3b.  I'm assuming something bothering him from that. 

Edited by jerios55

3 hours ago, Explosivo said:

And now Cowser is up. If we see a “hays to the il” kinda call I’m going to shut myself.

Yeah this seems to have a depressing aura about it because of the high odds that it suggests Hays is going to the IL. And if he goes to the IL, someone will replace him on the All Star team.