Monday, July 3: Orioles at Yankees

SteveA

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Yeah, that’s why I worded it the way I did.  But it was against a AAA team. 

Eh, meh. Those guys are probably more unlikely than anyone to get a hit but they also beat the Yankees 2-1 the game before. 

For me, it’s not so much that they didn’t get a hit but it’s more about the no walks + the errorless defense. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

It would definitely have to be a pitcher. You don't want an offensive player putting up a 0. 

That's similar to why I have a pet peeve against callinf the Orioles "O's". An O looks just like a zero. And a zero in English has the connotation of being a nothing or a nobody. In sports it has the connotation of not scoring. This is why I don't like to call the Orioles "O's"  

Thank you for an answer that didn't ignore the rhetorical nature of the question ;)

Never thought about it this way - a pitcher loves to reach for 0 throughout the box score.  

See that up-the-ladder high fastball that Wells can do?  That's what they keep trying to get the other pitchers to do, and instead they throw readable pitches that creep too far up in the zone or that float right into the bat, and there's a HR (Kremer seems to do this a lot)

So sweet to see it executed the way Wells has done these last two batters.