Roch: Elias talks draft

I’m guessing Chase Davis at #17.   Mocks consider that a slight overdraft but he’s a a 5 tool type player who probably profiles as a plus corner OF with power and some speed.  With a deep prep class IF, they snag a HS SS at #53 and surprise us with some pitching after that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d like to see some power relievers  out of college that could move fast 

Yeah, we could use that but I don't want them drafting relievers in the first couple rounds.  I want upside there.

16 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d like to see some power relievers  out of college that could move fast 

If only Ben Joyce were in this draft. 

I like the idea of taking 3B Brayden Taylor and him being in Bowie this time next year. Just keep doing what we do best. Don’t get cute. Put ourselves in position to always have a loaded group of position players for a 162 season. Then make trades to acquire pitching. 

I really love Elias.  Almost everything he says is well thought and appropriate, and in my view the right approach.  Particularly impressive for a guy as young as he is in that position.  Hope he's here for a very long time.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If only Ben Joyce were in this draft. 

I like the idea of taking 3B Brayden Taylor and him being in Bowie this time next year. Just keep doing what we do best. Don’t get cute. Put ourselves in position to always have a loaded group of position players for a 162 season. Then make trades to acquire pitching. 

Ben Joyce has a 4.50 ERA this year, and a 5/4 K/BB in limited MLB action. His ERA was worse in AA before the Angels called him up.

I mean, he's 22, but he's massively overhyped.