O's tied with Rays in the "All Important Loss Column".

wildcard

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're lying if you're saying you're not scoreboard watching/standing watching each day.

Not since I canceled my Washington Post (paper) subscription 15 years ago. I check the standings every now and then, but more concerned with our record than where everyone is in the standings until we get well into August. 

Edited by ChuckS

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Not since I canceled my Washington Post (paper) subscription 15 years ago. I check the standings every now and then, but more concerned with our record than where everyone is in the standings until we get well into August. 

That's fair.  I just like to keep an eye on the Yankees and hope that we're taking advantage of them while Judge is out.  And fortunately for us, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon.

I also like looking at the standings this year simply because the Red Sox are in last place and while that's awesome, they'd probably be in the thick of things if they were in practically any other division.   I don't know if the AL East has ever been this good.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's fair.  I just like to keep an eye on the Yankees and hope that we're taking advantage of them while Judge is out.  And fortunately for us, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon.

I also like looking at the standings this year simply because the Red Sox are in last place and while that's awesome, they'd probably be in the thick of things if they were in practically any other division.   I don't know if the AL East has ever been this good.

It hasn’t.  On pace to be the best in six division history. They just put up a graphic during the game yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're lying if you're saying you're not scoreboard watching/standing watching each day.

Well, I really don’t at this time of year.  I’m generally aware of the standings but I’m not looking at the scoreboard of other teams’ games yet.  The Orioles are enough to worry about at this stage.  

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can you imagine if baseball had a fully balanced schedule? 

Spoilers for non-watchers - we are as near to TBR as TEX (3rd best record in the league) is to us, and LAA is now down to 1-9 in their Last 10 games.

I hope the fact the break is 2.5 hours away come gametime doesn't leak into our Bats heads...a chance to lock in against Joe Ryan could be an important opportunity.    I don't even care if they swing at every 1st pitch of Sandy Alcantara Friday...just stay sharp today.

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not complaining but how is the schedule so uneven that we have played like 5 less games most of the 1st half.

One rain make up and for whatever reason they only had 1 day off in May and 2 in June, those 2 were late in the month. 

So 1 make up plus a 5 week period and another 3 week period of no days off means 3 more games totaling the 4 game difference.

Yea, the injuries for TB are the issue for them. It’s not surprising to see them struggle right now.  

Luckily for the Os, after going through a rough patch, they have won 4 in a row and ended that rough patch fairly quickly.

Edited by Sports Guy

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

TB is in trouble with Mclanahan out. Their lineup has also cooled off. 

Kudos to us. They started out 13-0 and we caught them in the loss column. 

I'm expecting them to acquire help for their rotation. They probably have a vending machine that pops out top pitching prospects for their organization that they can use for trades. 

On 7/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, Sports Guy said:

Yea, the injuries for TB are the issue for them. It’s not surprising to see them struggle right now.  

Luckily for the Os, after going through a rough patch, they have won 4 in a row and ended that rough patch fairly quickly.

Wasn't it 5 in a row?