Saturday, July 15: Orioles vs Marlins

SteveA

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lineup order has little impact on scoring.

You could bat the guys shortest to tallest and get pretty much the same results over 100 games.

I beg to differ. You want your best hitters getting more at-bats with runners in front of them. That will be certainly the case over 100 games, on average, if you bat #4 than if you bat #9.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

I would too if my manager took me out of the game with 4 2/3 innings pitched and a lead.

Ah, I've been taken out of situations I wanted to stay in, I can emphatically say my last tantrum was probably when I was 7 years old, and certainly, never as an adult.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

What amazing thing did Mountcastle do that I missed?

He got a hit and an rbi I think.  He also struck out looking real ugly doing it.  Will be interesting to see if he can regain his former playing time.   

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I beg to differ. You want your best hitters getting more at-bats with runners in front of them. That will be certainly the case over 100 games, on average, if you bat #4 than if you bat #9.

You get an advantage sure but having the quality bats in the lineup is much more important than where they bat in the lineup. 

It's math.

You can of course decide what your definition of "little impact" is.