1st in the AL

oriolefan1035

5 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

This is crazy.  We've got the best record in the AL, and the second best in all of baseball but people are talking like we're holding onto 500.  

I feel like you're exaggerating. If you think that Tampa was a fluke for 4 months, then you can talk about that. They've had a rough stretch, but they are not a .400 team like have been for the past 25 games or whatever. I'm glad people are excited, but pretending we're going to go in there and face roll them is silly.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I feel like you're exaggerating. If you think that Tampa was a fluke for 4 months, then you can talk about that. They've had a rough stretch, but they are not a .400 team like have been for the past 25 games or whatever. I'm glad people are excited, but pretending we're going to go in there and face roll them is silly.

I didn't see much in TB when we played them.  If we don't at least split it will be a disappointment.  

4 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

This is crazy.  We've got the best record in the AL, and the second best in all of baseball but people are talking like we're holding onto 500.  

Because we’re not doing it with all home grown players. Haha. 

Also, this team could have a lower payroll next year with Gibson, Frazier, Givens, and Tate coming off the books. Possibly Santander and Mountcastle. 

23 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

LOL, this is such an O's fan post. Not picking on you and you probably didn't mean it this way but O's fans hedge their excitement, waiting for the show to drop. 

More of there is a high probability we are back in 2nd at some point because it is still just July. Then again a sweep of the Rays happens putting the O's up by 4 and they run away from there. Who knows, I'm just enjoying it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

There is a lot more expectations for this team than 2016.  

Are there?  I don’t know.  I think the long term future of this team is brighter than in 2016 (even without the benefit of hindsight), but preseason expectations for the two teams were pretty similar.  This team has been 3 games better than the 2016 team through 96 games.  I think fans were riding pretty high in late July of 2016.