A Second Thought Experiment

Filmstudy

22 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

Would you give up Jackson Holliday for the following:

1. Angelos replaced by Steve Bisciotti as owner

2. The Orioles sign a 40-year lease which is prohibitively expensive to break

3. Bisciotti extends Elias/Mejdal for 10 years

4. No promises about signing the young talent to long extensions, but Bisciotti and Elias apply the Ravens' cap management philosophy to the team and have a "qualify for the playoffs as often as possible" approach

As much as I love the prospect of Jackson Holliday here in Baltimore for the foreseeable future, I make that trade in a heartbeat.

I would make that trade for any of 1-3 individually 

Yes... unfortunately

meh... 

extend yes, 10 years no

I am not sure about promises because I do not know what that really means nor am I invested in that philosophy.  I want some of our cornerstones locked up.  I believe continuity is a good thing and the risk is worth it.

The Orioles will never be the franchise it should be again until it is sold but it needs to go to someone like Bisciotti or similar.  We have a system that has been built to win long-term and the only way it will be successful is if ownership changes (not going to happen) or they get out of the way (ughhh) within a certain timeframe.  I try not to think about it.

1 hour ago, Orioles Jim said:

Got it. I say no, but if you replace one of those 1-4 for a World Series victory I’m in.

It is conceivable that you get that this year without giving up Holliday. This is a special team with some special players. Henderson is coming into his own, Rutschman is pretty decent, Cano, Bautista.  This has the making of a nice run.