Friday, July 28: Yankees come to town for the last time

SteveA

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This game isn’t starting probably till 9ish.  I’m west of Baltimore and it poured. Didn’t last real long but a ton of rain and wind. I’m sure they didn’t want to get to the 3/4 inning and have a big delay. 

Well there goes my excuse for missing the game bc of work here. There'll be time for me to end up at a bar in Brooklyn cheering for the O's w my batting helmet on after all.

Tbh and to their credit, I have been hearing nothing but admiration for the O's from my Yankee & Mets fan friends here: one of them is even placing his World Series bets on them already. No one here seems to believe the Y's can catch up to them despite the return of Judge, Rodón, and later Cortes & Loáisiga--and besides they just seem to enjoy watching the Orioles more than any other team except possibly the Reds.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Well there goes my excuse for missing the game bc of work here. There'll be time for me to end up at a bar in Brooklyn cheering for the O's w my batting helmet on after all.

Tbh and to their credit, I have been hearing nothing but admiration for the O's from my Yankee & Mets fan friends here: one of them is even placing his World Series bets on them already. No one here seems to believe the Y's can catch up to them despite the return of Judge, Rodón, and later Cortes & Loáisiga--and besides they just seem to enjoy watching the Orioles more than any other team except possibly the Reds.

I placed a WS bet on the Orioles last November. The funny thing is, I guess…. their odds of winning went down even more after that. Had I waited my potential payout would have been even higher. Their lack of sexy off-season caused them to be even bigger long shots. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nice that MASN keeps showing us COVID era baseball during rain delays. Nothing betetr than seeing no fans with players and coaches masked up. Fun stuff! Not!

It’s moronic. There is nothing “classic” from that season. They can’t show a game from last year or the 83 series? 

More important things in this world but I really want to know how the rain delay programming is controlled. They can’t hit a button and put another game on? It’s laughable. 

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Almost doesn’t look real.

Rehearsal of lead-up to the Switch-hitting Jesus? The new Mountain walk-down from the Bullpen in the Heavens?

Edited by LA2