Saturday July 29: sellout crowd, national TV as Orioles try to win series and season series from Yankees

SteveA

10 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Maybe other teams are trying to steal from us.  Maybe they are trying to charge us more because we supposedly have tons of prospects to give away.  Maybe Elias is like he would rather risk it with the players he has then to over pay.  I can imagine teams are playing hard ball with Elias now drooling over our players.   

I agree, but we have prospects we will never use so he has to deal them.  I remain convinced that the upcoming offseason is the best time to trade for some pitching, but tonight's game is really, really hard to watch.

2 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Bsker is sucking, but shouldn't have been in this situation thanks to Frazier.  That won't show up on the boxscore that way, but it's true.  Regardless we need some more/better relief guys.

I have to wonder what Frazier and Mateo are doing on this team if they can't play superior defense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I really hope this game is motivating Elias and Sig to get on the phones and start making some good deals to improve this team.

This bullpen will sink the Orioles in the playoffs assuming they make it that far without any changes. I don't think my nerves can handle Bryan Baker coming into a tie game during the fifth inning with the bases loaded in October.

Yes I agree that most of this is on Frazier.  The guy is inept really.  I can not understand how we are letting Ortiz stew in AAA and we drag guys like Frazier and Mateo out to play.  

Elias doesnt seem to have the proper motivation.  He let Odor smell up the joint last year because some mystical ability to turn a double play.  Ignoring that Odor could not hit anymore.   Now we are staying with Frazier.   Granted he made two plays yesterday that looked good.   But over all he is a giant black hole with the glove.  

4 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Wow, you say Bryan Baker was a strike away from getting out of it and couldn't seal the deal? Shocking. What a completely unprecedented thing.

Pretty nuts, right? Man that guy just can't put hitters away with RISP.

I’m honestly okay with Judge and Stanton beating us. I’m not happy about it, but that’s what they do. If you’re dumb enough to pitch to Judge, he’s gonna hurt you. And even though Stanton isn’t what he was, he can still run into a fastball every so often and ace one to the beast. 

But giving it up to ****ies like Higashioka and IKF is infuriating. 

• Upvote 1