Saturday July 29: sellout crowd, national TV as Orioles try to win series and season series from Yankees

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Yes I agree that most of this is on Frazier.  The guy is inept really.  I can not understand how we are letting Ortiz stew in AAA and we drag guys like Frazier and Mateo out to play.  

Elias doesnt seem to have the proper motivation.  He let Odor smell up the joint last year because some mystical ability to turn a double play.  Ignoring that Odor could not hit anymore.   Now we are staying with Frazier.   Granted he made two plays yesterday that looked good.   But over all he is a giant black hole with the glove.  

I’ll tell you why Gurgi and everyone else wondering. It’s because Adam Frazier right now is a much much better hitter than Joey Ortiz. We saw Ortiz in a small sample size. Similar to Cowser he didn’t hit the ball off the barrel of the bat. 

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I’ll tell you why Gurgi and everyone else wondering. It’s because Adam Frazier right now is a much much better hitter than Joey Ortiz. We saw Ortiz in a small sample size. Similar to Cowser he didn’t hit the ball off the barrel of the bat. 

Yeah I dont agree at all.  Ortiz is a rookie and has to get over rookie break in periods.  Ortiz is light years ahead on defense.   

Frazier is playing because Elias and Hyde have a love for playing veterans.