Friday, August 4: Buck and the Mets come to town

SteveA

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Cashman hasn’t been very good. The teams he won with were developed by Gene Michael. He shouldn’t survive this year.  

Maybe but when Michael developed those teams the Yankees were kind of like the Orioles are now -- a team that struggled for years working to turn things around -- and Steinbrenner was out of the picture for awhile then.  In many ways, especially in the era of free agency and wild card playoffs, it's harder to keep sustain success year in and year out.  I think Cashman has done a decent job at it considering who his bosses have been, but the Yankees aren't the model for sustained success anymore.  The Dodgers, Cardinals, Braves, Red Sox and a few others but not the Yanks.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not much.

Had Hernia surgery back in May and still have some issues with the scar tissue.

Seems pushing heavy things isn't a good idea.

I hope to start back up soon, the heat down here makes even going for walks pretty dreadful.

I think you said something about your surgery and that sucks, man. I'm actually having surgery on the 9th on my left foot. I have a huge bunion and all of my toes are literally facing all to the left. 

But, yeah, the heat in FL is no joke and I don't miss it a bit. When I grew up in Jacksonville. 

I hope you feel better and heal correctly. Then you can do your rowing again! 

12 minutes ago, Hallas said:

The Mets just bought themselves a top-10 farm system.

It's kind of a tough spot since the Yankees are above .500, but they don't really have much shot beating out the teams in front of them to make the playoffs so for them to buy 2 relievers at the deadline when they already have a good bullpen is really bizarre.

Top 10?  Those players that good?  Good for them.  Very expensive for them though.