Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

Just now, Gurgi said:

He didnt do the selfie.  NO one is upset with Brach.  John Angelo's drunk wife came up behind him during live press conference and took a selfie.   It looked cringe.  

And imagine this clown lets his wife look like a moron on live TV had ALREADY suspended Kevin Brown because he thought Kevin made him look cheap?   This man cant even keep his drunk wife in line.  He is a embarrassment to the city.

Ah got it.  Was this like on air? I missed most of the games this weekend? Plus I stream anyway

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Can't MLB stop it from happening? Surely they wouldn't let the O's move to Nashville?

They would get a vote.  I imagine they wouldnt go for it.  I think they already have plans for Nashville and I dont think it includes the Orioles flying in.  

11 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Before the season started, who could have predicted that we’d be approaching mid-August, the Orioles would be in 1st place in the AL East by 3 full games, and yet…

…this is the hottest, most active thread on the Hangout. 

Does the Angelos family try to ruin everything they touch?

As Tony Soprano once said they have the King Midas touch in reverse.. everything they touch turns to s**t” 

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

They would get a vote.  I imagine they wouldnt go for it.  I think they already have plans for Nashville and I dont think it includes the Orioles flying in.  

I firmly believe the thought of moving the team has crossed Angelo's mind multiple times, I don't think MLB or the other owners will ever let them move though

How does that comment make you sound cheap?

I mean, if you actually believe that, it means you know you were being cheap, stealing from the fans and you don’t want anyone to even insinuate tanking.

It’s just stupidity. Pure stupidity. This is his father all over again. It’s pathetic.

He is a spoiled, pampered, arrogant lying child that needs to be sent to his room for a timeout 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Not sure why anyone thinks this would affect the clubhouse. Quite sure those guys don’t care a bit about nearly anything going on outside their purview right now. They surely don’t care at all who the MASN announcer is. 

I hope you are right, but it's not about who the announcer is. It's the negative blowback that the organization will get.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How does that comment make you sound cheap?

I mean, if you actually believe that, it means you know you were being cheap, stealing from the fans and you don’t want anyone to even insinuate tanking.

It’s just stupidity. Pure stupidity. This is his father all over again. It’s pathetic.

He is a spoiled, pampered, arrogant lying child that needs to be sent to his room for a timeout 

Yeah, I am going through it, and for the life of me, do not see how that makes them cheap.  The Orioles were awful against the Rays for a while, and now they are really good against them.  It is a COMPLIMENT to Elias (and by extent, JA) for spearheading this turn around.  But instead, petty, small, crybaby JA finds a way to be offended and remove, in my opinion, one of the best announcers we've had in years.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

This is all crap. It wasn't Toronto, it was Rogers Communication. DD was referred to Rogers by someone on the NYY Board (collusion). The job was for Pres of Baseball operations and control over the Roger's Center at a salary 2-3X greater. DD reported the contact to PA and we know the rest.

Not the way I recall it.  The contact was more extensive  BEFORE Angelos found out .. and Duquette knew he would go ballistic when he did and probably hoped he would fire him/let him go.  But Angelos put the screws to him.  And DD then became a GM with zero influence or relationship with the owner during one of the most critical offseasons in Orioles history.  And ZERO got added to the team as a result of this distraction and the self inflicted damage to their relationship. 
Did Duquette actually think Peter would just go “oh sure, it’s a good move for you and your family.. God speed”? . No, Duquette knew as soon as he started negotiating with Toronto that it was likely  going to fatally damage any relationship he had with Angelos  much less it getting to the point of a done deal if Angelos had agreed.