Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This is a thing that has made me jealous for years.  Baltimore hires good people then expects them to be lap dogs.  It is just so embarrassing really.

He only owns the team because of his dad.  He never built anything himself.  

8 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Who in the world do you think would defend him over this? 

"Why, you all don't know my friend John Angelos at all.  He's a fantastic guy!  You can trust me, Phillip A. Randomguy, when I tell you, you won't find a better owner in sports, or a better human being in general, for that matter."

JohnABeard.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

"Why, you all don't know my friend John Angelos at all.  He's a fantastic guy!  You can trust me, Phillip A. Randomguy, when I tell you, you won't find a better owner in sports, or a better human being in general, for that matter."

JohnABeard.jpg

"How dare Kevin Brown do that to John?  After all the team has done for him!" 

• Haha 1

Would be great if the media very strongly coming to defense of one of their own was the thing that tipped the Angelos' family to sell.

There was a breaking point with Snyder. He long maintained that they would have to pry the team from his cold, dead hands, so even the pressure other owners were putting on him didn't automatically mean he would sell. The rumor is that the incessant negative publicity got to his wife/kids.

I would welcome that here. Covering owners like Snyder and Angelos this way isn't yellow journalism; they are custodians of organizations that belong more to the city than to them, and they have track records of abusing that privilege.

Edited by Alasdaire
  • Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

So Melanie Newman wears Orioles gear in public and that’s against the rules?  How pathetic. 

Can only imagine the work environment in the warehouse. 

Never fail to see the ownership somehow find a way to bumble something positive into a negative. Really wish MLB found a way to force the Angelo’s family out 

4 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Would be great if the media very strongly coming to defense of one of their own was the thing that tipped the Angelos' family to sell.

There was a breaking point with Snyder. He long maintained that they would have to pry the team from his cold, dead hands, so even the pressure other owners were putting on him didn't automatically mean he would sell. The rumor is that the incessant negative publicity got to his wife/kids.

I would welcome that here. Covering owners like Snyder and Angelos this way isn't yellow journalism; they are custodians of organizations that belong more to the city than to me, and they have track records of abusing that privilege.

The media's hated on the Angeloses rightfully for like, 20 years.  It never bothered them before.  I don't know why it would start now.

Edited by Hallas