Monday August 14, 2023 - Game 1 of 3 in San Diego

justD

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's just not fair.   We send a guy who makes $732,000 this year out to retire 3 guys who make $79 million combined this year.   How could Felix possibly have a chance?   It's a complete fiscal mismatch.

Which we win and which has been a fiasco for the Padres and Mets and...a few other teams.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I have no idea why any team would want more than 1 philosophy across the board, especially a young team. Possibly a player's demands or contract calls for his own hitting coach.. but I stand by my wish.
    • At cost considerations there is 2 players i'd rather have listed in that article over Crochet, Helsley leading that. Also Mountcastle to the Reds for a SP makes a lot of sense also. 
    • Guilty. I'm working to be intentional to enjoy the day to day of a lot of exciting careers beginning, and not miss the moment as during say Peyton Manning's career in a different chapter of life when assured 14-2 or 13-3 seasons were four months of boredom while you waited to see what the playoff stumble would be this time.    SIGBOT's stuff works in the regular season same as Billy Beane's didn't in the playoffs. I don't follow Over/Unders, but would guess the 2025 Orioles are 1st or 2nd in the AL on early action.    My informal AL power rankings end of 2024: 1. A nonexistent Orioles team with a functional Adley Rutschman 2. Yankees with Soto 3. Tie between actual Orioles with broken Adley and end stage Astros that lost several series to hot Central teams 4. Yankees without Soto 5. Central I'm cheating Cleveland there for a joke, and hope they win, which they are plenty capable of doing.    It is an interesting matchup for the stuff the two teams are good at being very different.
    • I don't see the O's trading Mullins without getting a replacement for him from somewhere.  It's doubtful we have anyone in the minors yet ready to step in for him.  Maybe the same for Urias since he's the perfect backup infielder.  I think Mateo and Mountcastle are more likely to be traded.
    • I was clearly talking about the AL...
    • You mean like how the Os dealt guys like Hays, Stowers and Norby?  Yea, guys who are good depth but guys we can stand to trade are guys I want to trade….and obviously Elias feels similarly. These guys carry value. The level of value depends on the player and you can debate the value of return but yes, you absolutely should trade out of depth and trade guys that perhaps that don’t match your team philosophies.  That’s what teams do.
    • Who knows.  Lots of possibilities. There could be another trade like the Hays trade.  Or maybe you can get a ML ready arm that profiles as a high end reliever. I don’t think that you will get a proven lock down guy but that doesn’t mean you can’t get someone that will end up a big contributor.
  • Popular Contributors