Sunday, August 20: Orioles go for a sweep in Oakland on last game of west coast trip

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

The A’s are such a poverty franchise that their retired numbers are displayed on the covered seats in the upper deck. 

I saw a video by that 40 year old dude who goes around baseball parks and catches balls doing a tour of the upper deck before a game.  It is a dump.  Stuff up there is falling apart.  Wooden structures are breaking apart.  It looked awful.   Worse than Memorial Stadium when I went to see a Baltimore Stallions game. 

Just now, O's84 said:

It's a giant trash stadium.  Arguably the worst stadium in MLB.

That stadium is in a horrible location, too.  There is no atmosphere.  There are no restaurants or hotels anywhere nearby.  It's in a sketchy, industrial neighborhood near the shipping port.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think with Gunnar's speed and where he hit the ball it would have been plenty blatant.

I don't think he was ever going do it from the get go.  If it was going to be somewhat close at 2nd (hypothetical, not the play today) he wouldn't he would settled for a single.  it's just the way he plays.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The A’s are such a poverty franchise that their retired numbers are displayed on the covered seats in the upper deck. 

That monstrosity of an upper deck was only constructed to attract the Raiders back to Oakland only end up with the Raiders and now the A's moving to Las Vegas.

Oakland-Alameda Stadium was a nice ballpark back in the day before they built that upper deck and have failed to keep the stadium modernized over the year.

old-oakland-stadium.jpg

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1