Tuesday, September 5: Orioles at Angels

SteveA

Just now, Brooks The Great said:

Using Lopez tonight in that spot was terrible. 

This is another example of Hyde relying on short sample sizes (like he's done with Hicks) and sentimentality over performance and talent.

Lopez has been awful all season. He's not the same guy that he was for the Orioles last season, and his previous clean inning doesn't mean that he's a reliable option in a high leverage situation. 

Who would you have pitched?   There were a lot of innings. 

2 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Using Lopez tonight in that spot was terrible. 

This is another example of Hyde relying on short sample sizes (like he's done with Hicks) and sentimentality over performance and talent.

Lopez has been awful all season. He's not the same guy that he was for the Orioles last season, and his previous clean inning doesn't mean that he's a reliable option in a high leverage situation. 

Are you mad at Hyde for pitching Lopez or Elias for putting him on the roster? Because Kremer lasted only 4+ and the alternative is Fuji or Krehbiel.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well said! Like you, I go back to about 1970 and the # of posts someone has is irrelevant to me. The fact that so many on here think there you know what don't stink keeps me, and I'm sure others from joining in more. I know what I know about this team and I don't feel the need to prove myself. And btw the closest that I've ever lived to Baltimore is the very most western part of Illinois.
    • To me none of that matters. Baker was throwing the ball well.  Had spin and velocity.  Go with that. Again, goes to show how many managers don't go by feel anymore and instead just go by what the book says.
    • You will get used to that around here.  The people saying you can't say anything about the Os unless you have played baseball for 20 years or been an Os fan for 50 years.   Bottom line is Baker, as mediocre as he is, was actually throwing the ball pretty well.  His pitches has spin and velocity and he had just struck out his last batter. To take him out for a complete and utter scrub?  And I say scrub in the best way possible?  Was ridiculous. Hyde was playing text book/by the book baseball instead of actually MANAGING BASEBALL by instinct and feels. And he got burned for it.  And it has not been the first time. 
    • Brecht has TOR upside.  We’re good at finding #3-#5 types just in developing them, but we need that TOR arm upside and develop. 
    • I thought Baker had a better chance of getting a strikeout. Even though he created that mess it looked like he could have worked out of it.  Generally not in favor of bringing in guys for bases loaded situations unless they’re absolute nails and have an extremely high K rate.  Akin’s K rate is higher this year but I still don’t believe he was the better option than Baker. 
    • We’ve been picking really athletic types when not picking high in rd 1. Position player wise.   2023 - EBJ, Horvath, Josenberger, Cunningham, Etzel Not that are prior picks haven’t been athletic, if you know what I’m trying to say. We don’t take plodders as position players. 
  • Popular Contributors