Westburg trade value

Es4M11

To start this season, and even after the first couple months, it seemed like Westburg was an obvious trade piece. With a prolonged stint at AAA where he played very well, it seemed to me that Elias was delaying Westburg's debut in order to continue to showcase him leading up to the trade deadline. With the trade deadline in the rear view, and Westburg having what I consider to be a very successful debut up to this point, is Westburg still a trade chip in the off season? If he is, what's his worth now, and what would approximate a reasonable return for Westburg?

At this point, I'd like to keep him. He can be our version of Ben Zobrist.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

I wanted to trade Norby last year. That would have been shrewd I think.

Norby played the whole season at AAA and hit well.   But with the players ahead of him there  is really no place to play him with the O's.   The last thing I want for the O's is to see a player get disgruntled because he deserves a promotion and can't move up.  Trading Norby should be on Elias to do list this off season IMO.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, yark14 said:

He has a WAR of around 1 in less than 1/3 of a season worth of playing time....even with his best tool (power) not even taking off yet.  Westburg will be a 3-6 WAR player for the next decade...trading him would be foolish.

Couldn't agree more. Westburg is a stud, and when the power starts to play he is really going to take off.

Hypothetically, I wonder what his trade value around the league is at this point?

If Henderson and Holliday are left side of infield and Westburg is 2b for next five years then either Urias, Mateo, Ortiz, Norby have zero use for us except 1 utility guy.  Probably Urias is first option to trade due to cost. 
What do you do with Mayo? 

Edited by tntoriole