Westburg trade value

Es4M11

I don’t understand most of the replies on this thread … why speculate on what the infield will look like next year and beyond. Hello …we have 90 wins this year and could have 100 wins by going .500 the rest of the way. That’s the most wins since the 1980 team.  All of this with a fairly mediocre pitching staff. 

How about we focus on that and celebrate it with the players we have on the team now, not with players that may or may not be on the team next year. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Os4days said:

I don’t understand most of the replies on this thread … why speculate on what the infield will look like next year and beyond. Hello …we have 90 wins this year and could have 100 wins by going .500 the rest of the way. That’s the most wins since the 1980 team.  All of this with a fairly mediocre pitching staff. 

How about we focus on that and celebrate it with the players we have on the team now, not with players that may or may not be on the team next year. 

You know,  it's possible to do multiple things,  right?  I can both celebrate and enjoy what's happening now while still talking about and planning for the future.  Doesn't have to be an either/or thing.   

1 hour ago, Os4days said:

Well the whole point of a message board is that we get on here and discuss what the future of the O's could look like, what prospects we like or don't like, what free agents the O's might sign, etc.  Yeah, Elias is going to make whatever moves he feel is necessary for the club, but that's sort of why we're here to give our opinion. 

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

You know,  it's possible to do multiple things,  right?  I can both celebrate and enjoy what's happening now while still talking about and planning for the future.  Doesn't have to be an either/or thing.   

I agree and it sure is fun being a O's fanatic now and enjoyable dreaming on the future....I extend Santander this winter and trade Urias and Mateo in packages for a couple high leverage bull pin arms and then I trade Cowser and Ortiz for a TOR pitcher....I then bring up Mayo, Hjerstad and Holliday  out of spring training and let them fight it out for ROY....  :) 

Rutchman C/DH, Henderson SS, Santander RF/DH, Hays LF/CF, Mullins CF,  Mountcastle 1b/DH,  O'hearn 1b/DH/COF, Westburg 3B/2B/SS,  Holliday 2B/SS,  Mayo 3B/1B/DH, Hjerstad COF/DH, McCann C and McKenna CF/COF/DR/PR

That's a roster you can stack against righties or lefties

1 hour ago, PsychoBird68 said:

I agree and it sure is fun being a O's fanatic now and enjoyable dreaming on the future....I extend Santander this winter and trade Urias and Mateo in packages for a couple high leverage bull pin arms and then I trade Cowser and Ortiz for a TOR pitcher....I then bring up Mayo, Hjerstad and Holliday  out of spring training and let them fight it out for ROY....  :) 

Rutchman C/DH, Henderson SS, Santander RF/DH, Hays LF/CF, Mullins CF,  Mountcastle 1b/DH,  O'hearn 1b/DH/COF, Westburg 3B/2B/SS,  Holliday 2B/SS,  Mayo 3B/1B/DH, Hjerstad COF/DH, McCann C and McKenna CF/COF/DR/PR

That's a roster you can stack against righties or lefties

Santander is under control one more year, after next season he will be 30 years old and will be heading towards a mainstay DH, Elias wont be paying/extending imo he is the trade bait... i hope he goes on a tear down the stretch and into the playoffs and stays healthy. 

10 hours ago, Winter said:

Santander is under control one more year, after next season he will be 30 years old and will be heading towards a mainstay DH, Elias wont be paying/extending imo he is the trade bait... i hope he goes on a tear down the stretch and into the playoffs and stays healthy. 

I would be looking for a friendly 2/3 year extension...Hard to find switch hitters with 30+ homer power that can hit in the middle of the lineup of course that does make him a good trade candidate... They could also sell high on O'hearn so it will be a interesting off season