Sunday 9/10, O's @ Boston - Grayson going for the sweep

nevadaO

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

"Still can be" needs a backup plan.  Too bad the O's don't have a top farm system or they could make a trade.

This fanbase seems to like to hoard prospects and not cash them in for pitching elsewhere.  At some point maybe it needs to be accepted that, as much as Elias has done an incredible job, this organization hasn't produced a stud starter in 30 years.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ExileAngelos said:

This fanbase seems to like to hoard prospects and not cash them in for pitching elsewhere.  At some point maybe it needs to be accepted that, as much as Elias has done an incredible job, this organization hasn't produced a stud starter in 30 years.   

Is it the fanbase or is it Elias and the fanbase is just following?

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is it the fanbase or is it Elias and the fanbase is just following?

When you put all your hope into the future, it becomes hard to give it up to win in the present.  Normal for fans to dream they will all work out. 

Edited by baltfan

8 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

To get something, you have to give up something. Fans here seem to believe that Elias is supposed to fleece other GMs and get great pitching without giving up any of the quality prospects in the farm.

22 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Well gentlemen and lady, looks like this one is a tough loss. Gotta come back strong against Cardinals tomorrow. Echo what someone said earlier… glad to get out of this ballpark.

Hopefully the Orioles will be able to shake off the NL monkey off their backs and have a great series. They are going to need it, because the team from Tampa is hot. Even though they now have to come out of the friendly confines of Tropicana Field, when they don't do as well.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Well gentlemen and lady, looks like this one is a tough loss. Gotta come back strong against Cardinals tomorrow. Echo what someone said earlier… glad to get out of this ballpark.

Tell me about it. New England likes to boast about their poets and writers and their sports writers like to evoke them every chance they get. That's why I call where the Red Sox play "Segue Park". 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if Elias was to change course a large portion of the fanbase would switch right with him without missing a beat.

I think you're right. I think about all those trades in the 70s that sent prospects or starters. For the most part, things worked out in the standings for them in that decade, ie. five first place AL East finishes, 3 AL pennants, one World Series win. 

This rain delay game is a little weird. 

Worley started for us so I know immediately that it's a 2016 game (we had him only the one season). 

Also Julio Borbon played in this game.  He played for us for maybe a week, then we DFA'd him.  He never played in the majors again after that, so this is one of his last games (if not his last game, I'm not certain) so that's kind of creepy.  

17 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Tell me about it. New England likes to boast about their poets and writers and their sports writers like to evoke them every chance they get. That's why I call where the Red Sox play "Segue Park". 

True fact: few of those New Englanders have actually read the works of those great poets and writers.

Just like most in Baltimorians only exposure to Poe is reading The Raven in 7th grade.

• Upvote 1