Rays series

Sports Guy

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The game thread has been unbearable. It's always bad, I get that, but the negativity lately has been over the top. Last night I realized it was actually detracting from my experience of the game. 

I only read them very occasionally, partly for that reason.  Will sometimes do a quick drive by to comment on something notable.  But I don’t follow during the game for the most part.  

1 hour ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

What's the deal with Westbug and Frazier... who are they and why the decision to play them? A few times in the game, I would see them get up to bat and was like, "sh!t...". cause they really did not bring much. 

Remember, I'm new and still getting to know the team. 

Westburg has been a highly ranked prospect for years who came up in the system alongside Henderson. He's not considered to have the star potential of Gunnar & Adley but he should be a good MLB infielder and he's played pretty well so far, even if he hasn't had many signature moments. 

Frazier was a one-year signing last winter. It was very controversial because he's just an ok player and was thought to be blocking prospects (including Westburg) from playing time. He's had a decent year that surpassed many expectations offensively (career high in HRs and RBIs) but he's not great and not really part of the team's future. 

Frazier's playing time has been dwindling as the season has gone along. But they still play him pretty often against righties. In the playoffs I'm hoping we see Ramon Urias in there over Frazier, even against righties. 

16 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Westburg has been a highly ranked prospect for years who came up in the system alongside Henderson. He's not considered to have the star potential of Gunnar & Adley but he should be a good MLB infielder and he's played pretty well so far, even if he hasn't had many signature moments. 

Frazier was a one-year signing last winter. It was very controversial because he's just an ok player and was thought to be blocking prospects (including Westburg) from playing time. He's had a decent year that surpassed many expectations offensively (career high in HRs and RBIs) but he's not great and not really part of the team's future. 

Frazier's playing time has been dwindling as the season has gone along. But they still play him pretty often against righties. In the playoffs I'm hoping we see Ramon Urias in there over Frazier, even against righties. 

Alright thanks... Another question: how often do they bring up players from the minors to play?

44 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Ramon should be at 3B, I'd keep Westburg away from third, weak arm and poor plays there, he should be a 2B.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

The game thread has been unbearable. It's always bad, I get that, but the negativity lately has been over the top. Last night I realized it was actually detracting from my experience of the game. 

It's a personal choice to allow the game thread to distract you from watching and enjoying this team. When your game thread pages look mostly like this, I can assure you the experience is much more enjoyable.

image.png.6bc8af85eb78dde9c927259ffe6fb854.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

Are you sure? It makes no sense that the #1 seed would get the highest WC seed if Minnesota loses in the WC round.

Will the MLB playoffs have reseeding?

There will be no reseeding in this format. The winner of the No. 4- and 5-seeded matchup will advance to the Division Series and play the No. 1 seed. The winner of the No. 3 and 6 seeded series will take on the No. 2 seed. The goal is to keep the No. 1 seed from having to face a divisional winner until the League Championship Round.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/mlb-playoff-format-how-does-mlb-postseason-work

2 hours ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

What's the deal with Westbug and Frazier... who are they and why the decision to play them? A few times in the game, I would see them get up to bat and was like, "sh!t...". cause they really did not bring much. 

Remember, I'm new and still getting to know the team. 

Must be leaving in your own private Idaho. 

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Will the MLB playoffs have reseeding?

There will be no reseeding in this format. The winner of the No. 4- and 5-seeded matchup will advance to the Division Series and play the No. 1 seed. The winner of the No. 3 and 6 seeded series will take on the No. 2 seed. The goal is to keep the No. 1 seed from having to face a divisional winner until the League Championship Round.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/mlb-playoff-format-how-does-mlb-postseason-work

Moronic. I don’t care if they don’t reseed as long as they let the 3 seed be a WC like TB/BAL over MINN this year. 

Goal should be not to have 2 best records play each other in the Division round.  

• Upvote 1