Rays series

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

As bad as it looks if they can manage a split next 2 BAL has tiebreaker and one game lead in loss column. After series TB has 11 left and BAL 13 games. 

Orioles go 8-5 - TB would need to go 8-3. 

One little win would change the mojo. 

Yeah just got try to find a way to get one win.  I figured tonight would be loss but need to get 1 of the other 3.  Glasnow will not be easy matchup with how bats have looked last 4 games though.  

Well that was about as thorough a beat down as you can get for a late season matchup between two division contenders.  Wasn’t there a four game series up in the Bronx that looked like a total bust after the first two games, and then the Os took the last two?  Need to do that one more time.  

Didn’t care for the Apple TV commentators.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Well that was about as thorough a beat down as you can get for a late season matchup between two division contenders.  Wasn’t there a four game series up in the Bronx that looked like a total bust after the first two games, and then the Os took the last two?  Need to do that one more time.  

Didn’t care for the Apple TV commentators.

The weakest part of the Apple TV experience (besides the games being only on Apple TV) is their announcing team for two years running.

It just feels like KC in 2014 or Mets in 1969.. we just are playing so poorly in this last week and we very well might get swept which means they will be up 2 games with the tiebreaker so 3 games effectively.  We go to Houston, they play Angels so really this division race will effectively be turned if they win the 2 remaining games. 
The only thing then will be for us to try to regroup, break out of this funk before the wild card series. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It just feels like KC in 2014 or Mets in 1969.. we just are playing so poorly in this last week and we very well might get swept which means they will be up 2 games with the tiebreaker so 3 games effectively.  We go to Houston, they play Angels so really this division race will effectively be turned if they win the 2 remaining games. 
The only thing then will be for us to try to regroup, break out of this funk before the wild card series. 

Toronto is fighting for their lives and they can pitch, better than just about anyone. A lot can happen and the Rays have 6 games left with them as well. Boston doesn't want to finish behind the Yankees, teams aren't rolling over for Tampa. Even if they win the division it's not the end of the world. They are well within their window, ours is just opening, this is not the last hurrah.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah just got try to find a way to get one win.  I figured tonight would be loss but need to get 1 of the other 3.  Glasnow will not be easy matchup with how bats have looked last 4 games though.  

The best chance the Orioles have these next two games is to win a low-scoring game. Maybe GRod comes out with a gem. Maybe their offense can have a bad day too. Their pitching will be good, but maybe they make some defensive blunders. It's baseball. I fully believe the Orioles can take at least one game of these two.

12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Moronic. I don’t care if they don’t reseed as long as they let the 3 seed be a WC like TB/BAL over MINN this year. 

Goal should be not to have 2 best records play each other in the Division round.  

Agree.  Especially with the balanced schedule.  There was at least some logic to it before with the imbalanced schedule.  A wild card from a weak division could have had a better record than a division winner from a strong division simply by beating up on 3 weak sisters in their division over and over.  That's not the case now.  You fixed the unfair scheduling in the regular season.  Why not the playoffs?

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The weakest part of the Apple TV experience (besides the games being only on Apple TV) is their announcing team for two years running.

This isn't necessarily exclusive to Apple TV, but I apparently I require a much bigger TV to watch these games. 

Feels like the broadcast screen was designed to be watched on a laptop 30 inches away from your face. I can't read a thing they're putting on the screen on top of the actual play.

Oh my god I'm Andy Rooney.

• Haha 2

They've $#!t the bed this week. Losing the division lead to the team that is chasing you (at home) is awful. I wrote it the other night - Tampa can and likely will take all four of these games and won't look back.

They had a 3.5 game lead with what, under 20 games going into the Cards series? Losing two to the Cardinals was bad enough but to get skull drug by the Rays at your place hurts worse.

GrayRod needs to be a rabid dog tonight or we/the O's can kiss any chance of winning the division goodbye. 

29 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

If they lose tonight and win tomorrow to grab the tiebreaker, the division chances are still pretty solid. 

I don’t think that we can say that. The O’s go to Houston for three followed by four at Cleveland. Meanwhile the Rays get the Angels at home for three then three at home against the Jays.

This series is make or break for the O’s. Even taking one game to finish tied in the standings with the Rays (one up in the loss column) doesn’t mean much. After losing two to the Cards the O’s need to split this series with Tampa and it ain’t looking good. Tampa has all of the momentum now.

The six with the Jays don’t scare Tampa.