Theyre honoring Jim Palmer tonight...I'd like to honor him too.

Roy Firestone

To anyone (and there are a bunch) who talks smack about Jim Palmer; kick rocks

I know that a lot of folks don’t like Jim’s style and how he can miraculously remember everything it seems but look, they honored this man tonight and all that he could do was celebrate others. How can anyone not appreciate that?

• Upvote 2

Thank you for making this thread for Jim, Roy. I think it's important take the opportunity should express our appreciation whenever we can.

Thank you, Jim. Not just for your playing career, and not only for your outstanding broadcasting career with the Orioles, but also for being an all around classy guy that everyone can appreciate. 

4 hours ago, banks703 said:

To anyone (and there are a bunch) who talks smack about Jim Palmer; kick rocks

I know that a lot of folks don’t like Jim’s style and how he can miraculously remember everything it seems but look, they honored this man tonight and all that he could do was celebrate others. How can anyone not appreciate that?

I'm trying to think of people who talk smack about Jim Palmer and the only name I come up with is Earl Weaver.  Seriously, it's been quite a while since I've heard anyone badmouth Jim Palmer.