ALDS opponent poll

Spy Fox

Who do you hope to face in the ALDS?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope to face in the ALDS?

• Tampa Bay Rays
    • Toronto Blue Jays
    • Texas Rangers
    • Houston Astros

The full AL playoff field is set, but uncertainty in the AL West and second/third WC seeding mean that there are still four possible teams we might face. By tonight it'll be down to two. 

While it's still a pretty open question— who would you most want our ALDS opponent to be? 

It's an interesting question as I think all four teams are really at similar levels right now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:
  • If Houston wins, Texas wins and Toronto loses: Astros will be the No. 5 seed, playing Tampa Bay

And Toronto would play Twins in wild card and if they win , we face them in ALDS 

i think lol 

We'll face the winner of the Tampa series no matter what, so the Twins are the only team we definitely won't face at this point. 

All of them would be tough outs, but you expect that since it’s the playoffs. FWIW we are 3-3 against Texas. 3-3 against Houston. 8-5 against Tampa. 10-3 against Toronto.

I really don’t want to play any of them from a “who do I think we ll beat” because I think we can beat them all. Toronto beating us would bother me the most. 

17 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

We'll face the winner of the Tampa series no matter what, so the Twins are the only team we definitely won't face at this point. 

You are right … no reseeding.. my bad .  Given that, I prefer Toronto win today and then beat TB in wild card 

Edited by tntoriole

I don't believe the Gausman listing anymore...going today would take him out of the Tuesday-Thursday ALWC round.

TEX is interesting - their SP in tatters, they are using Dane Dunning on 3 days rest today pushing for the bye.    If they fall into wildcard round, their Arms could be a little ragged.