Trevor Bauer

Yossarian

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Well, again: Why does he have to prove his innocence?

They clearly robbed him of a lot of money.

Why shouldn't they have to prove he was guilty to justify it?

Clearly?   It doesn’t seem so clear to everyone.  Do you think you know all there is to know about this?   Seems like you think you do.   

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Again, even if you are right that the San Diego complaint was a lie, MLB investigated at least two other complaints. We have no idea which was the basis for the suspension. 

Bauer settled his lawsuit with the Athletic when they clarified "fracture symptoms" and the Deadspin lawsuit was thrown out with prejudice. So either there is a massive conspiracy with multiple actors including the legal system (and perhaps even his own lawyers), or she was at least bruised. I agree she looks fine in the video but maybe the video was taken in another context or he did the rough stuff after the video was taken. I am not saying I know for certain he is guilty, but I would not jump to the conclusion that it is all lies and he is completely innocent. 

Apparently, the metadata in the video had proven this was not the case. I've been around women who were legitimately sexually assaulted, I can assure you not one of them was smiling afterward, or even capable of making eye contact after the incident. I have never seen someone legitimately sexually assaulted lying comfortably in the bed next to the monster who did it to her taking videos of herself and him. 

I have no information about the other incidents, but this case was thrown out by the Judge, and due to the lack of evidence, it was the right decision by the Judge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Why does Trevor Bauer have to prove his innocence? 

You are accusing MLB of acting on lies. In order for that to be the case, you must prove that Bauer is innocent of all the accusations. You haven't done that IMO. 

I agree there are good reasons to have doubts as to the San Diego accusation.  

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Great.

You got any evidence?

Besides people we've already proven lie a lot?

A lot (4 that we know of) have accused the guy of something similar.   I don’t need a confession or video of him hitting them to form an opinion (I could be wrong) that something doesn’t seem right.  Now, this Hill woman could have totally lied and the other 3 (1 from Arizona and 2 from Ohio) could have totally lied).   I didn’t see anything about these other women trying to extort Bauer for money.   It certainly makes me question whether there’s something to it or why these 4 women are all lying.   They could be but I don’t think I know all there is to know.   It’s curious that a supposedly neutral 3rd party, the arbitrator, thought the suspension was warranted (for less time).   

13 minutes ago, Malike said:

Apparently, the metadata in the video had proven this was not the case. I've been around women who were legitimately sexually assaulted, I can assure you not one of them was smiling afterward, or even capable of making eye contact after the incident. I have never seen someone legitimately sexually assaulted lying comfortably in the bed next to the monster who did it to her taking videos of herself and him. 

I have no information about the other incidents, but this case was thrown out by the Judge, and due to the lack of evidence, it was the right decision by the Judge.

Agreed. And his defamation suit against Deadspin was also thrown out, and that was also a good decision.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

A lot (4 that we know of) have accused the guy of something similar.   I don’t need a confession or video of him hitting them to form an opinion (I could be wrong) that something doesn’t seem right.  Now, this Hill woman could have totally lied and the other 3 (1 from Arizona and 2 from Ohio) could have totally lied).   I didn’t see anything about these other women trying to extort Bauer for money.   It certainly makes me question whether there’s something to it or why these 4 women are all lying.   They could be but I don’t think I know all there is to know.   It’s curious that a supposedly neutral 3rd party, the arbitrator, thought the suspension was warranted (for less time).   

I just wrote a 500 word response to this and deleted it.  I need to be concise.

First, you're a top 5 poster.  I love you.

Second, people are innocent until proven guilty.  Always.  Everywhere.  For everything.

Without that, the whole system collapses.  And you are opening Pandora's Box.

Be wary of what you unleash.

When's that game get here again?  :) 

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You are accusing MLB of acting on lies. In order for that to be the case, you must prove that Bauer is innocent of all the accusations. You haven't done that IMO. 

I agree there are good reasons to have doubts as to the San Diego accusation.  

We already know they acted on lies.

What's the confusion?