ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

Kremer is missing spots by a foot.  Grayson did the same thing. Literally the two worst starts back to back all season.  And the Rangers are not missing the mistakes, which are many. 

I made a comment about the bye week the other day and got jumped on because the offense was bad at the end of the season, too, which is fair…but G-Rod and Kremer were rolling to end the season and needed to keep in the groove. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I’m gonna keep watching but I don’t know if I’ll be back here. I can’t stand the armchair psychologists and everyone who wants to just simply blame things on Hyde. 

The Orioles have been cold for weeks. They haven’t been hitting and they ran into a buzzsaw of an offense. It’s as simple as that. 

Starting pitching has pitched less than 8 innings I believe.  Thats pathetic.

But yea, we should bring back these guys and pretend that they are better than they are.  SMH

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Elias needs to go in and break down exactly what happened here.  They got too cute. They put Baker on the roster because they thought the Rangers can’t hit fastballs.  They have repeatedly pitched to what they think are Ranger weaknesses and not trusting their own strengths.  It has been a disaster.  

Give me a break, they won 101 games. Texas came in hot. Hard to beat.

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

It's not going to be tonight, and it probably won't be this decade, but I really hope that someday we get our just revenge against the Texas Rangers. I hate, hate, HATE this smug, overpowered team with a firey passion. And I hate the state of Texas.

Goodnight.

I wouldn't count on it man. They have a payroll 3 times what we do. And everyone is back next year plus Scherzer and deGrom. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

Baloney. Armchair Manager. He probably gets beat down too. 

Not necessarily.  I would have gone Gibson because he has playoff experience.  

Also, completely understand why Hyde kept him in reserve.  Gibson also has post-season experience coming in as a reliever.  That would be hard for most of the other younger guys to do. 

1 minute ago, Dibbs31 said:

Yea especially with what a ton of extra stuff on Kremer's mind. 

This is when an experienced manager makes a difference. I am sure Kremer wanted to go. It's the manager's role to say no.

I am not trying to pile on Hyde. He did a magnificent job this season. He's just not the manager that will win you a WS.