Monster game for MD today

Sports Guy

This was a huge game, and the Terps appear to be peaking at the right time. Does this team "peaking" mean they can beat one or two games against the big 4? I'm not sure, but they've suddenly turned into a very fun team to watch.

Another huge game for Milbourne, and another low-turnover, fundamentally sound game by Greivis.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their going to need 2 of 4 against Duke, UNC,Clemson, Wake to have a chance. I can't see them getting in at 8-8 with just one win out of those 4. However, if we can somehow beat two of those teams I think we could possibly slip up at NC State and still have a shot.

Gary and the players get a lot of credit for holding it together and bouncing back the last few weeks after a lot of distractions. We've fought so hard for everything we've got this year and we've finally clawed our way back to .500 in the ACC but now the schedule gets brutual. I fear we might be running on empty and I wouldn't be suprised if we only get 1 more win or even lose out.

Do any of you think that Maryland will have at least one win against the top 4 teams in the ACC?
I think Maryland will win at least one of those games. Wake, Clemson, and Duke don't really scare me all that much right now. I'd be pretty disappointed if we lose to all of them and even winning 2 of those games doesn't seem completely out of the question considering the way those teams are playing and the way MD is playing.

I'm not optimistic. Wake is way too big for the Terps. UNC is UNC - the best team in the nation. If Duke uses their bigs - which they didn't against BC - they're just too big and strong up front. And Clemson is a road game. Winning more than 1 will almost take a miracle.

Yes, I am officially calling a Maryland upset of Clemson.

I think Clemson's a little overrated, but MD does not match up well with them. Too much going on inside for Clemson, IMO.

I agree with Yardbirds - Duke and Wake at home are our best bets. Although, the game in Chapel Hill earlier would've been very interesting in UNC hadn't been so hot in their shooting.

I think Clemson's a little overrated, but MD does not match up well with them. Too much going on inside for Clemson, IMO.

I agree with Yardbirds - Duke and Wake at home are our best bets. Although, the game in Chapel Hill earlier would've been very interesting in UNC hadn't been so hot in their shooting.

Against all odds, Maryland will upset Clemson on Tuesday night.

Archived