Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Someone spending a billion plus for the team isn't going to care about a bit of extra payroll.

Someone who has a billion plus to spend didn’t get it by spending frivolously.  They will analyze all assets and future contracts.  To think otherwise is foolish.  

39 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s real slow tonight ….but not be worth the week wait

I actually think your proposal on their board of Ortiz, Mountcastle and Santander for Woo is interesting but I’d leave that garbage simulator out of the conversation 😉

I also love that their thread has gotten to the point where Os fans are coming to talk about deals with the Mariners. 

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Someone who has a billion plus to spend didn’t get it by spending frivolously.  They will analyze all assets and future contracts.  To think otherwise is foolish.  

Yea they will analyze it, and it will be negligible amount that won't have any impact on a deal being struck.

The Royals sold for a billion in 2019.  Even without MASN the O's would go for more.

You think an additional 50M in obligations spread over 3 years is going to matter?

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea they will analyze it, and it will be negligible amount that won't have any impact on a deal being struck.

The Royals sold for a billion in 2019.  Even without MASN the O's would go for more.

You think an additional 50M in obligations spread over 3 years is going to matter?

I think not having 50MM spread over 3 years and having the ability to choose how you’d like to spend 50MM over 3 years  is more appealing.  

You don’t?  

Edited by emmett16

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think not having 50MM spread over 3 years and having the ability to choose how you’d like to spend 50MM over 3 years  is more appealing.  

You don’t?  

If that 50M is being spent on Chris Davis yes.

If that money went to a player that was helping the team, very possibly not.

No one is going to back out of billion plus deal over 3/50.

If the O's signed Adley or Gunnar to a long term deal might that not make the team more enticing to a buyer?

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If that 50M is being spent on Chris Davis yes.

If that money went to a player that was helping the team, very possibly not.

No one is going to back out of billion plus deal over 3/50.

If the O's signed Adley or Gunnar to a long term deal might that not make the team more enticing to a buyer?

I think you could come up with some scenarios where it might be more enticing, sure.  

I didn’t say anything about anyone backing out of any deals.  I said a lower payroll would be appealing and that someone with a billion to spend is going to analyze all details meticulously.  

Apparently the Latrell Spreewell fan club got offended 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think you could come up with some scenarios where it might be more enticing, sure.  

I didn’t say anything about anyone backing out of any deals.  I said a lower payroll would be appealing and that someone with a billion to spend is going to analyze all details meticulously.  

Apparently the Latrell Spreewell fan club got offended 🤷‍♂️

I didn't get offended.

I just think it's a very poor take to think that additional payroll is in any way going to materially impact the sale of the team.

It's like you want to buy a super rare car, one of 30 in existence, sure to appreciate in value.

Only one of them is for sale at a time and years go by before one is put on the market.

Are you not going to buy your dream car because the seat needs to be reupholstered?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't get offended.

I just think it's a very poor take to think that additional payroll is in any way going to materially impact the sale of the team.

It's like you want to buy a super rare car, one of 30 in existence, sure to appreciate in value.

Only one of them is for sale at a time and years go by before one is put on the market.

Are you not going to buy your dream car because the seat needs to be reupholstered?

It's actually more like you're not going to buy your dream car because the previous owner has negotiated a contract to have the seats reupholstered a cushion at a time over the next ten years at 10 million a cushion, and has negotiated the work by placing a lien against the vehicle that transfers with the car.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, owknows said:

It's actually more like you're not going to buy your dream car because the previous owner has negotiated a contract to have the seats reupholstered a cushion at a time over the next ten years at 10 million a cushion, and has negotiated the work by placing a lien against the vehicle that transfers with the car.

No, you obviously didn't understand the point.

For your version to work the team would have to have billions in contracts.

No one is advocating that.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No, you obviously didn't understand the point.

For your version to work the team would have to have billions in contracts.

No one is advocating that.

was just going for the laugh bro.

14 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Just an FYI one of the WS board insiders seems to think the Yankees are making an aggressive push. @Chicago White Sox can probably best speak to their credibility as an insider.

Highly credible.  He has broken multiple things and has real connections.  I’d say it’s reasonable to assume some smoke there.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Highly credible.  He has broken multiple things and has real connections.  I’d say it’s reasonable to assume some smoke there.

I will say, it seems like there’s a hell of a lot of leaking from the WS. There’s what, 5+ insiders on your board that have dropped real scoops over time? And Morosi seems like he might as well just be reading press releases directly from Getz sometimes. I don’t know if it’s beneficial or not for the WS but it couldn’t be more different than what we’ve seen for the past five years.