Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I can't upvote so I'm just going to 2nd, 3th, and 4th this comment. Unless someone reports some tangible news (that we're not aware of) please stop spamming the feed with what random White Sox fans think because it's completely meaningless and part of the reason this thread is over 260 excruciating pages long. 

I used to love it when some OH posters would go to the Redsox Sons of Sam Horn site and cut a big bunch of their crying and paste it on the OH.  Shadenfreud is for real....it feels good. 

23 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Sports Guy is driving them crazy on the WS board.  Holy crap.  Brings to mind a Queensryche lyric.  "your a one man death machine.....make the city bleed"  

I'd rather read 100 posts by Sports Guy then listen to one Queensryche song :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Haskins and Cook mentioned in what context?   For that matter, Fabian as well?   Close to what?

These guys are at AA or above. Bradfield probably starts at AA. If Norby is an OF, Beavers if he isn’t traded. We have plenty of close OF to absorb the loss of Cowser.

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

I'd rather read 100 posts by Sports Guy then listen to one Queensryche song :)

Not into Prog Metal?  Operation Mindcrime is a Rock Opera.  I love it.  

Can you really tell me you didnt like "Silent Lucidity"   I thought everyone loved that one.  

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Right now Westburg is part of the starting 8.  Cowser doesn’t even have a 26 man spot.  In that regard, Cowser doesn’t even need replacing.

Sure,  if you're just talking about the MLB roster. Westburg is on it and Cowser is not.   But if you look deeper it's fairly clear that the role Cowser can play on this team in the next few years is much less easily replaced than the role Westburg will, at least by what we have in the minors currently.  I like them both,  but would rather deal from our infield depth than from a thinner outfield group.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I used to love it when some OH posters would go to the Redsox Sons of Sam Horn site and cut a big bunch of their crying and paste it on the OH.  Shadenfreud is for real....it feels good. 

Yeah ..it’s fun. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Not into Prog Metal?  Operation Mindcrime is a Rock Opera.  I love it.  

Can you really tell me you didnt like "Silent Lucidity"   I thought everyone loved that one.  

Not judging, just not my cup of tea and I hated Silent Lucidity (sorry). 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roll Tide said:

These guys are at AA or above. Bradfield probably starts at AA. If Norby is an OF, Beavers if he isn’t traded. We have plenty of close OF to absorb the loss of Cowser.

Haskins and Cook, if they ever play for the Orioles are 4th or 5th outfielders.  They have nothing to do with trading or not trading Cowser.   Kjerstad and Beavers are the organizational depth.  Hopefully, we can say the same about Horvath and Bradfield and maybe even Fabian this summer.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Haskins and Cook, if they ever play for the Orioles are 4th or 5th outfielders.  They have nothing to do with trading or not trading Cowser.   Kjerstad and Beavers are the organizational depth.  Hopefully, we can say the same about Horvath and Bradfield and maybe even Fabian this summer.

Kjerstad is depth? Ok ….there is no sense to go on. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We have 3 starting ML outfielders and a 1B.   Adle DH’s about 50 games.  O’Hearn currently factors into the 1B/DH role.  Right now Cowser and Kjerstad are depth.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I see Kjerstad hitting .250 and 30-35 bombs in two years or less.  He is not depth in my opinion.  Maybe Cowser is depth but Kjerstad is going to be a stud.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Couldn’t you argue Kjerstad is already here, Stowers ( if we’re keeping him)is reader, Bradfield, Fabian, Haskins, Cook, are all pretty close? 

No.   Most of them are either not close or just apparently not that good.  Bradfield is likely to have a future on the Os.  Kjerstad is here already.   The rest may never make it and really shouldn't be counted on at this point.  Hays, Santander and Mullins are all gone in the near future, and I'm not sure trading their replacements is smarter than trading some of the infield depth that we simply don't have the room for.  There isn't enough at bats for all of Westburg, Henderson, Ortiz, Mayo, Holiday, Norby, etc.  Trade from our surplus, not guys we are going to need.