Is the bullpen set?

Sports Guy

Alot of this message board was advocating for DFAing Perez most of the season so it just goes to show you the volatility from year to year. Now, in this thread no one is advocating that, and he seems to be a lock. 

You never know what will happen. It's a game between skilled athletes and competition brings out multiple outcomes.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d be stoked if they got Stephenson. 

Yankees are in on him. Once I hear that I give up hope.  

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

And Akin has an option too.

Zimmerman too. What are McDermott and Johnson?  Realistically, are they SP?  We really could use them as optionable RH RP options. 

If Wells is in the bullpen then the pen is looking really good. 

RH - Kimbrel, Cano, Wells, Webb, Baumann

LH - DC, Perez, Irvin

Depth - Tate, Hall, Baker, Vespi, Akin, Zimmerman

We’d start out with a pen where only Cano and Wells have options. You don’t want to see those two optioned. That probably means really bad performance. Then you have the 6 depth arms. All with options. McDermott and Johnson could become options as well. 

It looks like Elias might want to make a trade to just get a slot of flexibility. Possibly a comp pick for Perez and/or Webb. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yankees are in on him. Once I hear that I give up hope.  

Zimmerman too. What are McDermott and Johnson?  Realistically, are they SP?  We really could use them as optionable RH RP options. 

If Wells is in the bullpen then the pen is looking really good. 

RH - Kimbrel, Cano, Wells, Webb, Baumann

LH - DC, Perez, Irvin

Depth - Tate, Hall, Baker, Vespi, Akin, Zimmerman

We’d start out with a pen where only Cano and Wells have options. You don’t want to see those two optioned. That probably means really bad performance. Then you have the 6 depth arms. All with options. McDermott and Johnson could become options as well. 

It looks like Elias might want to make a trade to just get a slot of flexibility. Possibly a comp pick for Perez and/or Webb. 

I don't see Hall or Tate being depth if they are healthy.   

Deep Depth.

Lots of matchup possibilities within the limits of the rules.

Several guys who can spot start.

What's not to like?

I think Kimbrel is a one inning only closer who will not likely throw 3 days in a row. Gotta have some guys ride the AAA shuttle so you can accommodate that.