I Knew I Saw Mayo Play RF

RZNJ

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

Great find @RZNJ, and you're right, he does look very comfortable and has that rocket arm.  Great throw.  

I was actually looking for the blurb that mentioned him playing some RF this offseason and accidentally found this.  When I wanted to find it, I couldn’t.  Such is life.  Lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This game must not have gone 5 innings because according to BREF Mayo has never played an inning in RF but here the proof and he even gets an assist and looks pretty comfortable out there.  Enjoy.  This is from 2022.

It went 9 innings.  Akron won 7-6.  Drew Rom started 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Is it Sherlock Frobby?   You remembered that?

Haha, no.  When I saw the highlight you posted was on 8/14/22, I went back to the Coby Mayo 2022 thread to see if it was posted there.  Guess it needs to be reposted in the Cody Roberts thread!

Edited by Frobby

Something I believe but don't know is that Kevin Goldstein got along pretty well with Sig Mejdal and Mike Elias when they were all part of Jeff Luhnow's group.

Before Goldstein went back behind the curtain with I think Toronto, I recall him mentioning still being in communication with them here and there when he was doing prospects for Fangraphs.     Anyhow, it was a couple years back a Goldstein report called Mayo a right fielder even though Elias or Sig had never (and still haven't) put him there yet.

We'll see how Mayo's energies get applied in Sarasota next month, but certainly there are some Trey Mancini parallels, except that the player is much much younger.

• Upvote 1