Contest: Guess the actual Cease trade package (Assuming it gets made)

RZNJ

Guess the Cease Trade Package  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the package that most closely reflects what you think it will ultimately be.

• Cowser+Ortiz+Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Cowser+Ortiz + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Cowser+Norby + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Cowser+Norby+Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad+Ortiz + Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad+Norby + Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad + Ortiz + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Kjerstad + Norby + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Westburg + Beavers + nothing else or a prospect outside our top 20
    • Westburg + Beavers + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/24 at 05:33

52 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

image.png.626d8c1c8ccb48570c2259cf6e0b6e03.png

I was almost certain they had relaxed it several years back, but I guess it was a Mandela effect, but I couldn't for the life of me picture any of the current guys with facial hair, though obviously some of them have it.

35 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I was almost certain they had relaxed it several years back, but I guess it was a Mandela effect, but I couldn't for the life of me picture any of the current guys with facial hair, though obviously some of them have it.

Ryan McKenna has facial hair.

I’m curious on people’s take on this.

@Chicago White Sox brought up a trade idea of Kjerstad and Westburg for Cease.

My initial thought is hell no..that essentially 2 top 50 guys and that’s more for Cease than I think he’s worth.

But I think there is something worth thinking about. Let’s say you we good with one of them And 2-3 other pieces in the trade.

My question is, would you rather have, say Beavers, McDermott/Povich and maybe another player or Kjerstad or Westburg.

Its an interesting thought I think.

Not a fan of trading Kjerstad and Westburg in the same package, unless the FO thinks Cease is a  Cy Young contender with needed adjustments and his makeup. 

Westburg has great makeup as a player that leads to success. I believe he has the potential Bergman like career, maybe at best.

Kjerstad has a high #4 hitter ceiling and it is just starting to show, considering his lack of professional experiences and overcoming injury without losing a step. 

If the WS don’t like that package, let’s pass. The Cease ceiling is beyond my baseball knowledge, but it is hard to pass along Westburg and Kjerstad, given the floor and impact on the Orioles everyday lineup.

Edited by Since1984
Things

@Chicago White Sox changes what he wants every other day.  I thought he likes the Yankee guys better.  You know, the ones that also haven’t been offered.   The dude was ok with Cowser + Ortiz.  Then when he thought there was a bidding war for Cease he wanted Mayo and Kjerstad.  Then when he realized there was no bidding war he started getting nervous and was ok with a quantity 4 player deal.   Now he wants Kjerstad and Westburg.  He’ll renege on that too.   He seems overly concerned with the future of the Baltimore Orioles and whether we’ll make the playoffs this year.   He’s about as genuine as Monopoly money.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m curious on people’s take on this.

@Chicago White Sox brought up a trade idea of Kjerstad and Westburg for Cease.

My initial thought is hell no..that essentially 2 top 50 guys and that’s more for Cease than I think he’s worth.

But I think there is something worth thinking about. Let’s say you we good with one of them And 2-3 other pieces in the trade.

My question is, would you rather have, say Beavers, McDermott/Povich and maybe another player or Kjerstad or Westburg.

Its an interesting thought I think.

Dylan Cease doesn't get you Kjerstad. And he probably shouldn't get you Westburg either, if not for our ridiculous IF depth. The idea of trading both for him is silly.

Yes, I would rather have HK and JW than Beavers, McD/Povich,+.

40 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@Chicago White Sox changes what he wants every other day.  I thought he likes the Yankee guys better.  You know, the ones that also haven’t been offered.   The dude was ok with Cowser + Ortiz.  Then when he thought there was a bidding war for Cease he wanted Mayo and Kjerstad.  Then when he realized there was no bidding war he started getting nervous and was ok with a quantity 4 player deal.   Now he wants Kjerstad and Westburg.  He’ll renege on that too.   He seems overly concerned with the future of the Baltimore Orioles and whether we’ll make the playoffs this year.   He’s about as genuine as Monopoly money.

It doesn't matter what he thinks, or frankly what any of us here think.  It only matters what Elias and Getz think.  I think Kjerstad + Westburg + 2 prospects in the 10-15 range what WS are asking for.  I'm sure Getz wants at least 2 big time top 100 prospects, even though a guy outside the top 100 could be better.  I wonder if Getz is about to get Machado to the Dodgers punked.  Elias knows much more about the O's prospects than anyone outside the O's organization.  No doubt he could steer Getz to a prospect with a higher risk of failure.  I have no idea who that is.  I used to hate when the only prospects the O's traded (pre Elias) were the ones who ended up doing something in the majors.  Higher rated prospects the O's kept did nothing usually.