Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

1 hour ago, One eyed Bird said:

maybe it was to be  King John Angelos Stadium, dude just trying to milk every penny he can before riding off into the sunset with Daddy's  Oriole money, good riddance to the whole scum bag clam of Angelos's 

How dare you make that suggestion on National Lame Duck Day! Wait, that's actually a pretty good call. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Guess it’s better than any number of things. But, I hate Ledo pizza …Pizza is bottom of the barrel comparable to most dying chains like Pizza Hut, Little Cesar’s, and Chuckie Cheese (think cheese, ketchup, and dough).  We used to go there for the Hot Chicken Salad which was basically a grilled chicken in a mixed vegetable salad w/ croutons. We always got it with Bacon and Cheese. Not sure if it was extra.went in one day and the portion was lessened into a smaller box. Makes no sense as pretty much any salad you buy at a restaurant is extremely over priced. But, that made it like we would need to buy 3 for 2 people. Stupid move on their part.

Tide, I have not disagreed with you more on a subject since ME bypassed Austin Martin in the draft. 😃 Ledo's is king!!! I have been eating it all my life. Went to the original in CP before it took off as a chain. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I've heard that the company is T-Rowe but I don't know where things stand now. I also heard that this is just for the stadium naming and nothing will be added to the jerseys. 

If that’s true….you could understand the apprehension given Carlyle and Ares are competitors to T. Rowe. Not that there’s bad blood between the groups but you could understand the hesitation. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

If there had to be a corporate name on the stadium, Ledo would be okay with me.  At least it’s a beloved local business, not some soulless national behemoth.  However, I doubt Ledo has that kind of advertising budget.  

Maybe the condiment or crab race will be renamed The Ledo Shuffle. 

I suppose we could take a cue from Aaron Judge and call it Create-A-Park at Camden Yards. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like John Angelos actually did something right, IMO.  Did what he wanted to do, didn't give a Frenchman's you-know-what about it.  To me, that makes him a bit of a hero....going out guns blazing, just not giving a you-know-what.  Had a laser minded focus on getting this deal done, wasn't gonna loop in anyone who could sidetrack him or protest to him about it.  You can badmouth JA all you want, I've done it as well as many other people here but I like that move and fully applaud it.  Sold the team to someone who wanted it, wanted it bad and if you weren't an owner, he didn't care what you had to say about it.  That's how a business owner should operate.

As if I needed your permission to bad mouth the Angelos family.😉  That's how I made my start here way too long ago.

"Laser minded focus?"  From the WSJ article -  He negotiated on and off with Rubenstein for three years, frequently leaving people around him wondering where things stood and what his true intentions were. 

Three YEARS.

So " laser focused" that his Governor pal is giving him five years to come up with a development plan.

So "laser focused" that it took how many years to settle the 2016-21 MASN rights deal?

As to the "laser focus" of the naming rights.  I always bring receipts when talking about that family.

According to the Baltimore Sun   -

"The Orioles won naming rights in 2001. A panel of arbitrators ordered the state to pay for stadium improvements to Camden Yards — and gave the Orioles naming rights — based on a clause in the team's lease that guarantees treatment comparable to that given the Ravens."

At the time -  John Angelos, the club's executive vice president and son of owner Peter Angelos, tweeted to fans last year: “No, there has never been nor is there any plan today to sell naming rights to Oriole Park at Camden Yards.”  
https://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/tribune/article_popover.aspx?guid=7cfc2031-c22b-4a1e-9eca-c7596857a833

March, 2023 it was reported
The Orioles have quietly been taking Camden Yards naming rights to market this year, according to sources. The nameplate being sold would apply to the field only (i.e. XYZ Field at Camden Yards). 

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2023/03/09/camden-yards-field-naming-rights.aspx

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have an Edit option. Only options are Report and Share. Maybe it's because I'm a "limited posting member"?

The Plus membership is only like $40 bucks per year. I think I’ve been a paying member for as long as I can remember. So can you consider joining?

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

Tide, I have not disagreed with you more on a subject since ME bypassed Austin Martin in the draft. 😃 Ledo's is king!!! I have been eating it all my life. Went to the original in CP before it took off as a chain. 

I hear you .… compare it to Mama Angela in Mt Airy, La Bella in Littlestown, Pizza John’s in Essex, Dough Roller in Ocean City, Rocco’s Glen Burnie/Annapolis, Squire’s Dundalk….etc

Im Italian … had Pizza in Italy …. 🇮🇹…..Ledo is not real Pizza sir! 

But, to each his own I guess

• Upvote 1