Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

My family started a new tradition two years ago.  The night before Thanksgiving, we get together and each bring pizza from a different place, and have a slice or two of each and compare.  It’s fun!   I love basically any kind of pizza, from Ledo to deep dish to NY style.  As I once told someone, “pizza is like sex — there’s no such thing as bad pizza!”

We call our pizza dinner Pizzapalooza.

You should set it up so all the establishments deliver the pies to your house at the same time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

My family started a new tradition two years ago.  The night before Thanksgiving, we get together and each bring pizza from a different place, and have a slice or two of each and compare.  It’s fun!   I love basically any kind of pizza, from Ledo to deep dish to NY style.  As I once told someone, “pizza is like sex — there’s no such thing as bad pizza!”

Fun …. I find PaPa John’s to be almost lousy. When you remove the cheese and rub your hand on the crust the dough is almost always raw on the top. Tried ordering it well …. Didn’t really help much. Also have you tried Chuckie Cheese. You’ll probably change your mind about no bad pizza, that’s unless you are sprinkling Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and perhaps pepper flakes before indulging

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

And the dust/grease covered wagon wheel lights overhead. I agree, not the same since the franchise exploded. But, still good. I love the precooked bacon!

Yes sir.  My salty delight is precooked bacon and green olives.  Soooo good.  The original had crust almost like a pastry, super unique.  The one in Fulton, near my dad’s house, is good.  The new college park one isn’t bad.  They are all slightly different.   I realize it’s pretty polarizing, some live it some hate it.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Fun …. I find PaPa John’s to be almost lousy. When you remove the cheese and rub your hand on the crust the dough is almost always raw on the top. Tried ordering it well …. Didn’t really help much. Also have you tried Chuckie Cheese. You’ll probably change your mind about no bad pizza, that’s unless you are sprinkling Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and perhaps pepper flakes before indulging

I’m not a big fan of Pizza Hut, which is always greasy on the bottom.  Papa John’s is mediocre, but I’ve only had it when I was working late at the office and had it delivered.  We are lucky to have a wide variety of good pizza places not too far from where I live, in different styles.  I like to mix it up.  

I did learn something useful recently: if you need to reheat leftover pizza, never use the microwave.  Preheat the oven to 350 with a baking pan already in the oven, throw the pizza on and give it 10 minutes.  Comes out really crispy that way whereas microwaved pizza always has a soggy crust.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know your down in Bethesda/DC area, if you havnt been to 2 Amy’s yet, go.  Best Pizza in DC.  Awesome apps, cocktails, and boutique wine list as well.  

Just now, emmett16 said:

I know your down in Bethesda/DC area, if you havnt been to 2 Amy’s yet, go.  Best Pizza in DC.  Awesome apps, cocktails, and boutique wine list as well.  

Had 2 Amy’s at the last Pizzapalooza, along with Pizza Paradiso, Frank Pepe’s and a couple of others.  All excellent.  It was my first time trying 2 Amy’s, which I’d always wanted to try.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I did learn something useful recently: if you need to reheat leftover pizza, never use the microwave.  Preheat the oven to 350 with a baking pan already in the oven, throw the pizza on and give it 10 minutes.  Comes out really crispy that way whereas microwaved pizza always has a soggy crust.  

I do the same or use the toaster oven if it's only a couple slices. You're better off eating cold pizza over nuking it in the microwave.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a big fan of Pizza Hut, which is always greasy on the bottom.  Papa John’s is mediocre, but I’ve only had it when I was working late at the office and had it delivered.  We are lucky to have a wide variety of good pizza places not too far from where I live, in different styles.  I like to mix it up.  

Air Fryer is somehow better than the oven

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I haven’t owned a microwave since 2004. And don’t microwave at work, and try not to buy food from places that rely on a microwave. I read an article about Germany banning microwaves and talked about risks. It was long ago but there were claims about blood, stomach, and organ cancer. Things that seem to be increasing year over year in our country. 

Anyway, I use a toaster oven or the regular range. My wife enjoys it cold so to each their own.