JD Martinez

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm not sure why we need him but it would be nice to not have to face him. 

Our only RH bats are Hays, Westburg, Urias, McCann, and Mateo. Santa and Adley being SH.

Seems like we could use 1 more.  I think the big reason why most don’t want him is that it means Cowser and Kjerstad begin the season in the minors . 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our only RH bats are Hays, Westburg, Urias, McCann, and Mateo. Santa and Adley being SH.

Seems like we could use 1 more.  I think the big reason why most don’t want him is that it means Cowser and Kjerstad begin the season in the minors . 

You forgot Mountcastle 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You are forgetting Mountcastle and Mullins is a switch hitter. Even with Kjerstad on the roster I was thinking we would want the last guy to be a LHB. I definitely wouldn't sign JD to be DH-only vs LHP. Santander and Adley should be getting a lot of DH AB's this year.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You are forgetting Mountcastle and Mullins is a switch hitter. Even with Kjerstad on the roster I was thinking we would want the last guy to be a LHB. I definitely wouldn't sign JD to be DH-only vs LHP. Santander and Adley should be getting a lot of DH AB's this year.

Mullins is not a switch hitter anymore.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Dude, you’re starting to scare me.  Mullins hasn’t been a switch hitter since 2020 and he was so bad RH that’s why he stopped.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If you are truly going for it this year on a 1 year deal then you do it. Obviously Burnes & Kimbrel says you’re doing that. But, you’d probably move someone along. 

We are going for it AND we’re not doing it.

29 minutes ago, interloper said:

Ken is just saying he wants him. He's not a guy with sources. 

We don't need Martinez and we won't sign him. This thread is silly. Good day.

Yes it is.  No idea why this tweet is interesting.  Weinman knows nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What's the downside? Our youngsters have to begin the year at AAA and only come up when Hays gets his annual injury?

The downside is we have far too many players that he would take at bats away from. If the Os all of a sudden traded multiple bats or we have a rash of injuries in ST, that changes the equation but right now, it doesn’t make any sense from a roster standpoint.

• Upvote 2