Spring Training Lineups

DirtyBird

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Thanks.

@Sportsfan8703 brought up a great point.  Holliday and Henderson have only formed the keystone combination once this spring.  Seems odd that you wouldn't want them forming some timing and chemistry together.

Practice isn't the same as game speed.

The flip side to that thought is drills do matter and how many times have we literally seen a dude picked up in the middle of the season and get thrusted into the infield?  We all want Holliday to make it. We’re all skeptical that he makes until the OD rosters get announced soon. We’ll just drive ourselves crazy. 

Here’s hoping they start him OD and he wins that damn draft pick. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

58 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Going back through this thread I found Henderson/Mateo 3x, Henderson/Holliday 2x, Henderson/Westburg 1x, and Henderson/Wong 1x

And Gunnar has been part of 2 DP's w/ 2B, both with Westburg in the same game.

59 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Going back through this thread I found Henderson/Mateo 3x, Henderson/Holliday 2x, Henderson/Westburg 1x, and Henderson/Wong 1x

Today is only Henderson's eighth game. That's part of it, but I also think the Orioles have sent Holliday on some road trips to face better starting pitching. So not sure how much to make of the lineups at this point. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Today is only Henderson's eighth game. That's part of it, but I also think the Orioles have sent Holliday on some road trips to face better starting pitching. So not sure how much to make of the lineups at this point. 

Facing real MLB starters does seem like an easy win relative to who you turn a double play with.