Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

18 minutes ago, 1fingerwillie said:

I would. Mountcastle has the most trade value of the veterans. He (IMO) will not be here next April. Mayo could be here for 10 years and likely (IMO) will be obliterating Mountcastle's offensive numbers in 12 months.

Arguably....if I am a GM (I did stay at a-nevermind) Santander is a nice get.

Just now, 1fingerwillie said:

I agree. I am happy to trade him as well...just not as valuable imo as he is just a 2 month rental.

People keep saying that, but Machado was a two month rental and the Orioles got back four? and Kremer wasn't even the headliner. The right team to push them to the top? Santander may be preferred. RM has shown power of late. Point is, it's not cut and dried.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Actually I did 

No you didn't and it's insulting that you are acting as if you did.

I asked "Was it not your preference to not have Mountcastle on the 2024 roster? "

You replied "He was someone I was willing to move in a trade. That doesn’t mean I didn’t want him on the team."

I asked what your preference was and you didn't tell me.  Saying "That doesn't mean I didn't want him on the team" isn't saying "I wanted him on the team."

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

No you didn't and it's insulting that you are acting as if you did.

I asked "Was it not your preference to not have Mountcastle on the 2024 roster? "

You replied "He was someone I was willing to move in a trade. That doesn’t mean I didn’t want him on the team."

I asked what your preference was and you didn't tell me.  Saying "That doesn't mean I didn't want him on the team" isn't saying "I wanted him on the team."

Insulting is you posting on this site.

I answered you.  Go yell at the wall and see if that wants to get into one of your idiotic semantical arguments. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Insulting is you posting on this site.

I answered you.  Go yell at the wall and see if that wants to get into one of your idiotic semantical arguments. 

So, did you want him on the 2024 roster?

It's amusing seeing you get upset when folks see through your little games.

Edited by Can_of_corn
added a line.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

"...it's a tough one...", "...not something we’re going to be eager to explore.”  It's just GM speak, but I did note that he did not flat-out deny the potential of dealing him.  My trade deadline brain is imagining things again. I'd say the odds of dealing Holliday are 1%. :P

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fpulse%2Fso-youre-telling-me-theres-chance-andrew-durbin&psig=AOvVaw1_6AITHUikJ3UWy-9SnVKt&ust=1719598140112000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBEQjRxqFwoTCPiu5Liw_IYDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

Has Elias ever categorically denied a potential future move for any player?