4/2 Vs. Royals

Morgan423

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They are going to look at highlights and stats from the era and think everyone was trash.

My kids think Wilt Chamberlain was only good because he played against small players...I still think Wilt was the greats FORCE in NBA history...maybe not the greatest player...but its close too...

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

My kids think Wilt Chamberlain was only good because he played against small players...I still think Wilt was the greats FORCE in NBA history...maybe not the greatest player...but its close too...

Your kids aren't completely wrong though are they? Who other than Bill Russell really challenged Wilt in his prime?

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even Wilt's records are starting to fall in this new era.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

Your kids aren't completely wrong though are they? Who other than Bill Russell really challenged Wilt in his prime?

Uh, let's see....Bob Lanier, Willis Reed...Nate Thurmond...all great players...and he faced them a lot...

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Uh, let's see....Bob Lanier, Willis Reed...Nate Thurmond...all great players...and he faced them a lot...

• Swede Halbrook was 7′3″ and averaged 16.8 rebounds per 36 minutes.
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar stood 7′2″ (an inch taller than Wilt). Kareem, the possessor of the fabled sky hook, is the all-time NBA points leader.
  • Artis Gilmore was 7′2″ and weighed 240 pounds. He had season highs of 24.6 points, 18.2 rebounds, 5.0 blocked shots and 3.9 assists. Gilmore was a monster who would physically dominate most modern centers. I’m not sure if Wilt ever faced Gilmore in the regular season, but they did play against each other in the NBA-ABA duel, and Gilmore is indicative of how good the best centers of his era were.
  • Walter Dukes stood 7′1″ and was a beast on the boards, averaging 15.3 rebounds per 36 minutes.
  • Ronald Taylor was 7′1″ and weighed 265 pounds. He averaged 14.2 points and 11.3 rebounds per 36 minutes.
  • Elmore Smith was 7′0″ and weighed 250 pounds. He averaged 15.2 points, 12.3 rebounds and 3.6 blocks per 36 minutes.
  • Tom Boerwinkle was 7′0″ and weighed a robust 265 pounds. Boerwinkle averaged 14.4 boards per 36 minutes.
  • Mel Counts was 7′0″ and averaged 17.1 points and 12.5 rebounds per 36 minutes.
  • Bill Russell, the NBA’s defensive GOAT, was 6′11″ and a great leaper. If rings are the thing, Bill Russell garnered 11 rings in 13 years. He is second only to Wilt in rebounds per game, with 22.5 for his career.
  • Nate Thurmond at 6′11″ could still play center today. He was a beast on the boards, averaging 15 rebounds per game for his career.
  • Walt Bellamy was 6′11″ and could still play center today. He averaged 20.1 points and 13.7 rebounds per game.

Pulled off the internet.