Prospect Trade Value

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

How does that impact Scott's BB% enough to not be interested?  I'm not saying we should be, but iirc you liked him previously.  Why do you think his "tons of walks" is more than SSS?

He’s fine…he’s not someone you trust.  He has always walked a lot.  Everything points to 2023 being a fluke, not the norm.’

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Brutal. These teams need to trade these guys earlier. 

Strider left the game last night with elbow soreness. Throwing 100 isn't sustainable it would appear. Eventually, the human body will evolve to allow it lol.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Ryan might be a bit too old to be put out to stud.

One of the crazier things about Ryan was him being put in the Guinness Book in '74 for throwing 100.9 MPH. They used the gun from 9-10 feet from the plate, if they used the 50 feet that PitchFX uses that extrapolates to 108.1 MPH. Dude was a horse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Strider left the game last night with elbow soreness. Throwing 100 isn't sustainable it would appear. Eventually, the human body will evolve to allow it lol.

Yea his situation is different than Bieber but definitely agree.  Just waiting for Grayson.

Also which have no interest in a long term deal with Burnes.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea his situation is different than Bieber but definitely agree.  Just waiting for Grayson.

Also which have no interest in a long term deal with Burnes.

It’s also probably why Elias is not chomping at the bit to trade 3-4 prospects for a starter like Luzardo. Trade all that control and the dude goes down after six starts or something, it’s a mess. He got the price down enough for Burnes that he comfortable with the risk. But I don’t blame him for not wanting to trade Kjerstad, Mayo et al for pitchers. 

Of course we have to do something with all those guys eventually. But I wouldn’t expect a top tier starter.  

Reasons for concern from various parties:

• Velocity, spin rate, and unnatural torque
  • The pitch clock
  • The baseball itself
  • The sticky/tacky substances allowed or disallowed on the ball

Each may play a role and should be investigated thoroughly, though it's likely that the first bullet point is the biggest contributor.  
Hopefully there are solutions found that can help alleviate some of these injuries moving forward, but implementation often takes time.